Regearing to 4.88? Nitro and JustDiffs are having a pretty huge sale..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, in businesses not run by clowns the stock is checked immediately prior to processing the credit card. That’s why you can have situations where it’s in your cart but when you check out you wind up with an error. You don’t confirm orders, send status updates, and then a week later decide that you’re not going to honor sales.

I should have listened to Zuk to begin with and ordered from Revolution with the REM Super Polish. Break-in is for peasants anyway.
Always listen to Zuk.

However, for our existing customers who had previously saved their details with us, please be assured there is no active data breach related to this incident.

jennifer-lawrence-j-law.gif

Recent Nitro Gear Malware Attack

Date: August 8, 2023

To our valued Nitro Gear customers and community,

We deeply regret to inform you that our website experienced a security incident on Wednesday, August 2nd, in which malware was detected. We take this situation seriously and want to provide you with the information and guidance you need.

What Happened: On the evening of August 2nd, our security team identified malicious software on our platform that may have compromised the security of customer credit card information entered into our website. Immediate steps were taken to isolate and eliminate the threat.

Who Is Affected: Customers who entered credit card information on our website between August 2nd and the time of the malware's removal could potentially have their data at risk. However, for our existing customers who had previously saved their details with us, please be assured there is no active data breach related to this incident.

Our Response: Our team is diligently working to investigate the matter fully and to rectify the situation. We are also collaborating with leading cyber-security experts to ensure that such incidents do not recur.

We’ve also received information that some orders information may be impacted including shipping addresses. We are reviewing all orders from the date the attack started and will be contacting individual customers to confirm billing and shipping addresses to insure properly delivery of products.

Upcoming Security Enhancements: To enhance the security and trustworthiness of our platform, we are exploring new opportunities to strengthen our payment processing. This includes the integration of a new 3rd party checkout system, renowned for its robust security measures, ensuring that our customer's information is safeguarded with the utmost priority.

What You Can Do: We recommend customers who entered credit card details during the aforementioned period to monitor their credit card statements closely for any unauthorized charges. If you notice any suspicious activity, please contact your credit card company immediately.

A Commitment to Transparency: We sincerely apologize for any stress or inconvenience this incident may have caused. The trust you place in us is paramount, and we are committed to upholding that trust. We pledge to keep you informed as our investigation continues and will share updates on the measures we are taking.

We truly value your continued support and patience during this time.

-Your Nitro Gear Team
So all of the fraud that occurred for people who ordered prior to 8/2, in some cases immediately after paying, is just a coincidence?

Just in case you weren’t already convinced this place is scummy…

So all of the fraud that occurred for people who ordered prior to 8/2, in some cases immediately after paying, is just a coincidence?

Just in case you weren’t already convinced this place is scummy…
If you are asking me, I just pasted the email they sent me. I didn't say anything about any fraud. Cut. Paste. Post. Thought the 'mud community would want to see it.

Things happen but I feel like this is a very bizarre experience. That was an incredibly low price to put out there. Ship a couple gear sets and then leave a lot of people hanging. The fraud is kind of what it is in the electronic world, but today I checked my account and I was refunded $187.42 of the $393.96 that they charged me.

I have called them, twice during this process and they told me I would be getting a call back. I have never received a call back. I have never received an email or any correspondence. And I definitely ordered prior to 8/2, it was 7/31 and I was hacked so I don’t trust that people prior to 8/2 are safe.

My update: Nitro was only going to refund my gear purchase and not the flange, seal and pinion nut kit I ordered. I tried to call twice but both times on hold with a 3-4hr eta wait time per the answering robot. I was not trying to deal with a return and then get hit with a restocking fee. I initiated two disputes with PayPal and stated Nitro agreed to refund both purchases based on them rescinding the orders, even though the flange kit wasn't. This morning I had a full refund of all payments and also an email from Nitro stating the credit was issued.

I'm wondering if it was a concerted electronic/AI bot attack.

I wonder if they even knew they were getting a run on these parts. And I wonder if someone/thing/entity didn't change the price on their site without Brad even knowing about it. IE: The folks there didn't even know they were selling these parts at this low price.... Hence their confusion and ineptitude when s*** went sideways.

:hmm:

Just thinking out loud. Won't be surprised if this is the beginning of the end. The hackers and bots will take over in short order.

I'm getting my bunker ready. The ring and pinion sale was the bridge too far.

I wonder if they even knew they were getting a run on these parts. And I wonder if someone/thing/entity didn't change the price on their site without Brad even knowing about it. IE: The folks there didn't even know they were selling these parts at this low price.... Hence their confusion and ineptitude when s*** went sideways.

Just thinking out loud. Won't be surprised if this is the beginning of the end. The hackers and bots will take over in short order.

I need a nice bunker too, one with a 2 post lift. lol

I had this thought when the sale first started - huge discounts on some of the highest demand ratio sets and accessories. But it lasted, and was similarly priced on other sites, so I figured it was legit.

Nitro knew about the sale, I spoke to them directly on the phone on 7/28. They said things were flying off the shelves through their dealers stocking up due to the sale prices and it was likely my order wouldn't be fulfilled. My order was fulfilled. They told me the sale was due to making space on shelves for incoming inventory.

Is your PZJ70 set up to withstand an EMP?

Gotta have a bug-out vehicle......

Apparently PayPal served as the bunker for some.

I had this thought when the sale first started - huge discounts on some of the highest demand ratio sets and accessories. But it lasted, and was similarly priced on other sites, so I figured it was legit.
That is why I waited to see that others were actually receiving the product and made the order immediately afterwords. I wanted to make sure it was legit. So much for legitimacy these days.

Nitro knew about the sale, I spoke to them directly on the phone on 7/28. They said things were flying off the shelves through their dealers stocking up due to the sale prices and it was likely my order wouldn't be fulfilled. My order was fulfilled. They told me the sale was due to making space on shelves for incoming inventory.
It never made sense to me. This is a in demand product that does not have an expiration date.

I had to call my bank, then nitro after to cancel my order. There’s a lot of weird s*** flying around, the dude on the phone helping me cancel my order and getting me refunded said there was NO breach or malware attack and that someone’s just kicking up dust/spreading rumors haha. He even said “WE DONT EVEN HAVE A SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT” after I brought up their post online. Probably just trying to save some face after a meltdown. I ordered early on the 28th and even that seems like it was too late, but I’m stoked for those of you who did get your stuff. After calling them an hour ago they are refunding me for the front and rear ring and pinion, 29 spline kit, but can’t refund me for the oil slinger which they’ve already shipped and are waiving the restock fees. I understand this stuff happens, but man what a nightmare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom