Buying an FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am thinking of buying a 1988 fj62. everything about it is near perfect, interior is awesome, it needs nothing, no rust, well maintained, etc. and it's right in my price range (about $5000 CAD). the only thing is that it has about 300,000 kms (approx. 186,500 miles). to me that seems quite high and i'm not sure yet if its ever had an engine rebuild or anything like that. i know that basically the only thing that'll stop a cruiser is the rust. my question is do you guys think it's a good buy or should i just pass and wait for another one with less miles? any input would be appreciated. thanks

The US model is a great truck. It does have quite a few issues that seem to crop up around 200K unless very well maintained. $5000 CA is about $.75 US so buy it. Good 62 that does not slip with no rust is worth around 8K US with the same miles.

If it is as clean as you state, I would get after it..

Do you know the PO or is this something that you just found?

Good luck!

-Steve

no i don't know the PO, i was just looking through the local newspaper and it was in there. i'm going to go take a look at it today to see if it's everything the guy says it is.

If it's rust free I would also be tempted. I spent 18 months looking for a 60 and only got mine two weeks ago.

I once bought an 80 Landcruiser years ago because it was the right colour/price/milage. Problem was, it had rust (was kept by the sea) In the end you can fix most things but rust is always one step ahead.

so i went to take a look at it. the only rust it has is one single bubble the size of a pin head on the tailgate, it really is in great shape. but over the phone the guy said it has 300,000 kms, i checked the speedometer, it has about 380,000 kms (approx. 236,000 miles). does you guys think that's too many miles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom