buying a rig that's already SOAed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.trailaddict.com
I called the guy at Up And Over last week and picked his brain about the SOA conversion process. Some of what he said was over my head (I'm still learning), but I did get the impression that there are a few variables in the way it can be done, with the major decision being whether or not to go to a high-steer setup.

Anyways... I'm looking at a rig that is alreay SOAed, mechanically pretty sound, but needs a lot of cosmetic work (which is fine with me - cosmetics I can deal with). The problem is that the PO of the rig did the SOA, so the current seller doesn't know anything about it. This makes me a little skeptical, but maybe it's not that big of a deal?!??

Thoughts?

I say print out all the tech you can on SOA and go take a look at it. Compare what people say about the process and the way it looks. Take lots of digital shots and post them here. There are quite a few people on here that can help point out any problem areas. Good luck!

I'd wonder how long the current seller has owned the rig. If it isn't to long I'd be really concerned, that something isn't right and he is trying to unload it.

take it for a spin and check for vibrations and proper steering control(if it has enough caster)and drive shaft angles(if he got new longer cv shafts )

I bought one and love it :) keep an eye out for the condition of the rear springs to make sure they are not sss'd-out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom