Bunch of Military trailers in Macon GA. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not a sales ad and I'm in no way affiliated with the seller.

So I pass by this little U Park, U Sell lot right by our house all the time. Just went by yesterday and saw they had a bunch of military trailers. I don't own any and I'm certainly no expert but I know a lot of people on here are so I thought I'd share. I don't know if these would be good off road trailers because they are pretty big. At least not in the South. Trails are too narrow and too many trees around.

ForumRunner_20130804_113623.jpg

ForumRunner_20130804_113631.jpg

ForumRunner_20130804_113642.jpg

ForumRunner_20130804_113655.jpg

Sent from another Galaxy

ForumRunner_20130804_113623.jpg

ForumRunner_20130804_113631.jpg

ForumRunner_20130804_113642.jpg

ForumRunner_20130804_113655.jpg

What was the asking price?

GL auctions you can score these for $500.00 and up.
They are wider than a full size truck

Guy had them listed for 1595. 1895 with the top I think. And yes they were very wide and really tall as well. Designed to be pulled behind a Hummer I'm sure.

Sent from another Galaxy

Way too high and too heavy unless you are rocking a v8.

I believe that trailer was designed to be used with the M1097A2 HMMWV (HUMVEE).

A friend picked up 3 of these. Military is dumping them all over the country on Govliquidation.com. Many are in new condition and often go for $500-600 (although they were going for twice that a year or so ago) . I believe I read the M1101 & M1102 are identical except the M1101 is load derated. They are as wide/tall as a Humvee.

A friend picked up 3 of these. Military is dumping them all over the country on Govliquidation.com. Many are in new condition and often go for $500-600 (although they were going for twice that a year or so ago) . I believe I read the M1101 & M1102 are identical except the M1101 is load derated. They are as wide/tall as a Humvee.

How many are you getting?:D

those look like the ones used behind 2.5 and 5 ton trucks in the military. There is a smaller version that was/is used behind 1/2 and 3/4 ton military trucks. I had a very similar trailer with my 2.5 ton truck when I was GI JOE. The trailers look very similar in appearance but there is a lighter duty trailer that you would want to use as an off-road version due to weight. One of the above would just not make any sense to use due to weight and size.

Elbert,

The trailer used by the 2.5 ton is a M105. It's rated at 1.5 tons. Really big. Here's an old picture of a couple I hauled home.

IMG_0839.jpg

WTH? Almost new stuff I paid for... :mad:

The trailer used by the 2.5 ton is a M105. It's rated at 1.5 tons. Really big. Here's an old picture of a couple I hauled home.

There are a few M105s coming up for sale this week at the local base. Seems to be a lot of them for sale - but still too big for my needs.

If you can get them for the right price, then cut it up and make what you need. The two pictured I paid $160 for one and $210 for the other. They did have nice covers on them, until I got to the base and someone lifted them.

Cheap enough to put a smaller axle with electric brakes, etc. on one.

I don't want to pay $1000 for 1/4 ton trailer, just make it.

Yeah but how much has to come off to make it towable with a mighty 2f. I would take a plasma to one tommorow if it could be done cheap enough.

The heavy parts are the landing gear and axle parts. Both would be removed. The frame is heavy, but would seem to be a good thing. Cut down the tub, to what you want and get a #3500 axle with electric brakes.

In my mind, going this route is far better than looking for one of those 1/4 ton trailers, that really are abit small. Now, I'm not going rock climbing with one either.

My Son built a 3/4 ton M101 for camping and it's turning out nice. Pulls it with a Xterra (sp?) no problems. Plus side is he can remove the slide out box and haul rock, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom