Bunch of Military trailers in Macon GA. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The thought crossed my mind of not using an axle period. Upstate cruisers which i am a member of is building a club trailer. We are using a independent suspension type setup. Some fabbing would have to be done but would be the lightest option. I guess trailer brakes would be out though.

I would think you could still have brakes. The M105 trailers have air assist brakes, so that will all come off, but you still could use electric brakes. I don't know anything about the independent sus., but couldn't they bolt up a backing plate to the axle stub.

The M1101 and 1102 trailers are nice but ride tall and are as wide as a H1 Hummer.
They tow good behind a full size Pick up but are as wide as the mirrors.

The M101A2 trailers were made for the CUCV and Pick Ups. I have one and it is perfect sixed for behind my 2002 GMC 2500HD crew Cab. It is as wide as the truck and tows at speeds well.

The M105 trailers are heavy and Huge. They are ment to be towed behind a duece and have air brakes.
You cannot roll one around the yard unhitched.

This tan one pictured was a M105 that was sectioned, Shortened and lightened. If you have the skills and time It will make a great little trailer.

The picture of the shortened frame and sectioned box is a M101A2

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?89750-M105-Too-big-think-again

Trailer51.jpg

IMG_5946.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG

I found a guy with 2 or 3 m416 type trailers for sale. 1100 a pop though. Can't do it, too rich for my blood.

I know a couple people with M416s. They're great for trail trailers behind an FJ40 or (dare I say it?) Jeep. But they're awfully tiny for other uses.

That cut down M105 has me thinking, though... If you could get one cheap enough, it may be worth it.

just got out bid on m110 trailer last week, it went for 435, i am stationed in germany and had my dad bidding for me and set a limit of 400 because because i could not watch the auction my self. they are out there for sure. I was bidding on a iowa auction.

So apparently a m116a3 trailer only weighs 800lbs. It is a flat bed so a box would have to be fabricated.

53556788_gl_tiny_thumb.jpg

53556760_gl_large_thumb.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom