bulwnkl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey y’all, @bulwnkl checkin’ in

Had a great coffee break with @alabamatacomaguy and @Purpleaction this past weekend and realized it was time to introduce my moose — thanks for the reminder @Ol Yeller to post some pics.

Thought I’d give some specs and little backstory as well.

1972 FJ-55 “bulwnkl”

SBC 350 4-bolt crate

CompCams “RV” dipstick/lifters/rockers/springs

Hooker ceramic block huggers

B&M 144 SC; 6psi

Holley Sniper EFI/feed & return/dizzy/CD/coil*

Saginaw

AdvancedA BH/ Centerforce

Griffin 4-core

FJ-40 H42

Stock 3-speed TC

Stock diffs/birfs/axles

Wilwood 4-pot F&R/DD BB/ABS MC*

OME/Dakar 2.5” Heavy*

35” BFG’s*

@dogfishlake sliiiiick Bowfin Cruisers rack*

KC 9-Ring*

KC heads*

Dave Gore/4plus F&R

Warn 9k

Boss Trip-bags*

Bilstein*

Magnaflow*

Back story:

Blessed to have had fast cars and off-roading a part of my upbringing; the 55 was my grandads and has been a part of the family since ‘76. He and my grandmother bought a home in CO ‘76 and the rig went with the house. The home belong to the Clark brothers who, supposedly, owned one of the original 15 GST dealerships in Houston at the time and bought the CO house as a base of operations for a venture with Nikko Golden Eagle Firearms—which was short lived. I was gifted the rig from my dad in 2015.

My dad did some work in the mid 90’s (engine swap, SC, Con-Ferr, KC, steelies, etc) and then again in 2001 (bumpers, alcoa’s, winch, etc) and continues to be my key-opinion leader on ideas and solutions.

With idle time at the house from current events, I’ve had a silver lining to the stay-at-home mandate as I was able to finally get the fuel system plumbed and finish the EFI wiring. Re-cranked almost a year to the day after going on jstands.
*denotes recent updates.

After sitting outside in Texas for almost two years, the once great Maaco paint is now showing its 25yr history. Rust has started to collect in a few of the common places as well as rear quarter damage from a snapped axle. Further down the road, my hope is to find the right body person in the southeast as paint/body is not something I am set up for.

48 years and still cruisin’, Cheers!
55AE3E74-580E-4D55-A085-1EF8BB103C4A.png
7AE683C8-DB47-41DF-B730-6AA830A2B5A3.png
0D5950C2-4B78-4CC9-8C88-AC23F90FD1DB.jpeg
1572EFC4-60B9-4BC7-B601-36B94E7B5B7E.jpeg
E4E3D200-BEE6-439D-8DDD-665E0C03299B.jpeg

I'm with the others, what a nice wagon. I like the Bicentennial paint job in the first picture. Looking forward to some more pictures and reports on what you've all done with your likes, dislikes. :beer:

Great story. It is my hope my that my son will one day share a similar story.
Let’s wheel them soon.

Killer back story man. I love the truck. Keep the pics coming!

Wow, what a nice looking and built 55! That's a great story too! So, what happened to the ram horns on the grill? You've got to at least have them hanging in your shop somewhere!

Thanks y’all! The 55 has been a fun puzzle but with plenty of bloody knuckles and bruises on the ego- hopefully more to come!

@scrapdaddy I was told the bicentennial paint was applied at the dealership for a parade in ‘76?

@Lifelong40Fan my dad found the rams horns exploring a ghost town during one of his first trips to CO. He spotted the horns in/under a “trash pile” next to one of the cabins. The skull was crudely nailed to a board and discarded. With a Native Texan sticker on the rear; some locals were not as found of the front bumper treasure and certainly not of the goggles...supposedly...
Fed protected in ‘98, not sure what happened to them *wink*

@bobm lol, I think it was re-covered in the mid 90’s?

@Purpleaction YAS! Hit me up

From a family album.
Your’s truly with daisy and at the mine.

104F2F57-7DFE-4A29-99D6-6301040AB2EE.jpeg
C53D564A-A8E5-41DC-BA1E-0BD3F391A815.jpeg
88EEED21-7211-4583-A2D4-31672DA8F4F7.jpeg
9799238E-4B66-4BE3-A845-4AF2492230D1.jpeg
4F239C21-5BEA-4ADD-9E95-63C65B7385FE.jpeg

I'm in the Destin area. Truck looks great.
Mike

@mmcinnis nice, maybe hit up Eglin sometime with the other local yocals

@bobm been lurkin’ for YEARS, lol! Luckily the search button works great and have been able to get answers to most questions. I hope to post updates and contribute my limited knowledge when/where I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom