Building an ALUM camping table and need ideas for folding, telescopic legs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ive been thinking of finding a way to put a thin table like the one above underneath my roof rack. Something that could slide in and stay put.

I'm not quite done with the storage solution but I'll post up pics once it's completed. It's gonna be epic!

thelma2.jpg
Where abouts are you here George? The country looks similar to areas out near me.

^ just few miles south of Lake Minigwal on the western edge of the Great Victoria desert. The picture is on our return leg after visiting Plumridge Lakes and Lake Rason etc. The camp spot has a rain tank and lots of excellent drinking water. Perfect for a shower and to top up water reserves in an otherwise quite dry area - something about it being a desert :)

Not too surprising that the area appears similar to your neck of the woods - you're living in the same desert 'band'...

2 week trip to the Great Victoria Desert area

cheers,
george.

I use two aluminum sliding (40"×19"×3/16") planks for all my cooking on the rear of my 60. These slide under the drawer and fridge... when not in use.....

I order two sets of legs (one stubby & the other telescopic) , and will try to make a table out of them....
Working with what i have, and adding only the minimal to pull double duty to the equipment already being used

We'll see how these pan-out...

A suggestion for legs - Use a pair of cheap aluminum hiking poles.

Available, low cost, strong, very light, collapse fairly short, small in size and weight.

I made sockets from aluminum tube and drilled socket and pole for a hitch pin to secure them.

I have use them for several projects over the years with great success.

A suggestion for legs - Use a pair of cheap aluminum hiking poles.

Available, low cost, strong, very light, collapse fairly short, small in size and weight.

I made sockets from aluminum tube and drilled socket and pole for a hitch pin to secure them.

I have use them for several projects over the years with great success.

Thank you for the suggestion. Here's what I used for the inserts: McMaster-Carr
Then inserted 1/2" X 13 bolts into the inserts. Bolts are about 3" long so I have plenty of fine tuning on uneven surfaces. Post #16 has pics.

Saw these Camp Chef leg levelers at Sportsman's Warehouse recently:
IMG_4406.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom