Builds Build thread: The Bruis3r (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While emptying my Donaldson precleaner over the weekend I noticed it was loose. It has come loose a couple of times. So this time I decided to take it off and look at it. It was starting to crack at the mount. I started looking into precleaners & came across the OEM Birdfeeder style. The mount is a solid piece of plastic. It doesn't have the slits notched in it like the Donaldson does. So that should keep me from overtightening and cracking it. Did a little more research and found one for the 200 series. Part number 17730-51010. With the supercharger my 4.7L is actually close to a 5.7L. So it should be perfect for CFM's. Ordered that and a new coupler Sunday night. Both arrived today!

View attachment 2013900

View attachment 2013901

View attachment 2013902

View attachment 2013903

View attachment 2013904

no way 'Wanda' gets away with copying Warn that blatantly!

I’ve never noticed that before! They are a paint company that’s been around since 1934. I have no idea when this current logo was made…

The stitches on my leather shift knob started to come undone. So I finally got around to installing the LX470 shift knob! Simple job! Took me 30 minutes to knock out!

C8218379-EDE1-4AE7-B713-644D2CC4FB72.jpeg

B61A8795-5714-440B-89B4-560F5DCEE4C2.jpeg

Back in September, It’s Labor Day weekend! Girlfriend and I are headed to Utah to camp for the weekend. We leave after work and head up. There was an accident on the freeway. Google says it’s going to add an extra 2 hours to our travel time. While parked I start looking and can see a road off the interstate. I pull up the maps on my iPad and I find an old Highway road. I turn around and make my way to the start of that road. It’s an unmaintained highway. It’s paved but there are pot holes and rocks/dirt on the pavement. I’m going about 45mph. I look at the traffic and make a joke about the time we are making and I’m sure glad we took this road! I turn back to look at where I’m driving and the road has been washed out. There’s a big section of the road just missing and a ditch at least 2 feet deep. By the time I could even think about hitting the brake pedal we were already launched up out of the washout! Not sure how much air we caught. We slam down back onto pavement and I bring the rig to a stop. Both front wheel liners have been ripped out. I’ve blown the boot on the passenger lower ball joint. Completely ripped all the way around. My Dissent tire carrier is wide open. I try to shut it. Nope… try again… nope… the tire carrier has not only twisted to the point the locking mechanism is no where near the latch but the weld has come apart and the sheet metal has been torn… we are about 1/2 way to our destination. So I make the call to tie the carrier to the bumper with a ratchet strap and carry on. Might as well at least have a fun weekend… on the way home I am following my girlfriend’s father. He is pulling a trailer with his ram. Coming down out of Brianhead, UT his brakes get to hot. I was worried mine were gonna do the same so I had left the rig in low and was taking it nice and slow. He pulls over because his brakes are smoking. I try to pull over and my brakes are non existent. Pedal goes to the floor and I got nothing. Yank on the parking brake, pedal to the floor, and off the road I went into the gravel. Thankfully I wasn’t going very fast. We both sat on the side of the road for about an hour to try and let our brakes cool.

ACF3685E-4087-4BE2-B93C-B78D8E121627.jpeg

F75DD825-00B9-4DA8-8182-509D900D904F.jpeg

52A907DF-7178-4EA8-BE18-651081C4BE57.jpeg

0EB52D7D-56DB-454D-BAB8-50D1F89F725B.jpeg

Last edited:
I get home and reach out to Dissent about getting a new tire carrier. I know their designs have changed since I ordered my bumpers. They say they can make a retrofit kit and I can get a new tire carrier!! Awesome!! They send me an invoice for the amount of $0! They are going to replace the tire carrier under warranty! Was not expecting that at all!! What an awesome company! Ben the owner takes care of his customers! Can’t say enough good things about them! Thank you!! I place the order for all of the replacement parts as well. Truck drove straight. So I’m hoping the control arms and front suspension (other than lower ball joints) are still good, as they are only 9 months old at the time… get ahold of my buddy Matt Farris at MCM Fab to get it back to him to get the ball joints replaced. November comes around… I remind Matt that I still need the work done… it’s the end of January and still haven’t heard from him… probably a good thing that happened. While I was waiting my driver front CV has started clicking. Great… here comes another big bill!! Ordered new wheel bearings from CruiserTEQ, ordered new DBA brake pads and drilled & slotted rotors, Slee stainless steel braided brake lines, still have the 555 lower ball joints waiting, and the CV’s and all parts needed for that job.

5497BA11-2C73-4CB8-8C21-7A1E6459CAD9.jpeg

244B3C62-E36A-45F2-B425-F19D26E2911F.jpeg

A79C4C70-44D1-410E-BAC9-D54308D83CC9.jpeg

9CD93532-BC93-468C-B01D-033549FEEF4E.jpeg

Last edited:
Tire carrier finally came in! I send it off to powdercoat and 2 days later it’s ready. So last weekend I installed it! I had the cargo tray laying around from when I first ordered my bumpers. After dealing with the dual swingouts on my Arb bumper I wasn’t sure I wanted to deal with the hassle again. So I never installed it. Well I decided it was finally time! So installed the cargo tray and tire carrier. Now I’m running into something kind of funky. The license plate is supposed to mount to the swing arms correct? Well on the driver side tire carrier the holes are drilled too close to the bolts that mount the tire carrier to the swing out. I can’t mount the plate there because there isn’t enough room. The holes are too far to the left and the plate brackets don’t work. So I go the passenger side cargo tray. Wait a minute those license plate holes can’t work because they are drilled on either side of the cargo tray mount… guess that’s gonna have to be a project for a different day!

B719892D-F826-4514-BE2D-B13CC9F81202.jpeg

9DA24C5E-AA0C-4454-B967-A577185FE609.jpeg

DF10222B-2069-414C-8D39-D9E8B4FD1F50.jpeg

E0B66062-9681-46D5-A206-F79EB173D98E.jpeg

9AF486BF-D0BD-46DB-BB62-C22A8A34384E.jpeg

I had ordered the parts to convert my blower to the kind that has provisions for the cabin air filters. When I pulled everything apart I realized mine already had them! I could’ve sworn I had checked before and that was why I had never done it. Guess I forgot or something. So I slapped in the cabin air filters. While I was in there I tried cleaning up the TRD ECU’s and wiring. They were preventing my glove box from closing nicely, leaving weird gaps. Now it’s all lined up and looks so much better!

B5C60BA7-1FDE-486D-A543-70E0FD9DD526.jpeg

A8AE33D1-6FE8-4147-A78C-D366E645A66D.jpeg

EFCD044C-9DAE-4835-86A3-0331B5C2038D.jpeg

01E88FC6-60E3-49DA-98D5-CD8065F4495E.jpeg

Last edited:
Went to the local hardware store and got the stuff needed to mount the license plate. I really couldn’t find a place I liked that worked with my rigid license plate light. So I decided under the cargo tray would be best. I drilled the holes and inserted nut-serts so the license plate brackets would now bolt to the arm. I gotta say, that metal is thick! I started with an 1/8” drill bit and worked my way up to a 1/2” drill bit. I had to stop 3-4 times to allow my drill to cool off (kept over heating) and my arms to regain some strength! I ran the wires through the hole that was pre drilled in the swing arm for the wiring. Currently it’s all coiled up inside the arm. Still gotta get that wired up.

397575B1-AC8D-44FC-A4B2-6B4F06E98D45.jpeg

BC9A50FF-411B-4D5B-A519-01C36BD65181.jpeg

88F18D55-2EB4-4D93-877C-CB14C5B39660.jpeg

A743DAC6-DBE7-4843-9C1C-BBEA63318024.jpeg

AACAB08E-C9A5-46B7-A7A3-9B2BE966A336.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea how much brake fluid is needed to do a full flush? I bought 5 pints hoping it’s going to be enough!

83C8E659-4A17-4F85-8E7D-B4E5A088038C.jpeg

My WellVisors were ugly, starting to turn grey, and flapping in the wind for the 2nd time. I had already taken them off and redid the tape once before. So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the JDM Toyota visors! They are definitely a much better quality and they look amazing!

IMG_6441.jpeg

IMG_6501.jpeg

IMG_6502.jpeg

I've been wanting to share this story and finally got around to doing a search for the owner. Back in April you helped a fam with an Infiniti on highway tires that got stuck in the sand next to the lake. That was the camp next to us blocking our way out and pretty sure they would have been there for a few days if you hadn't helped. Just dropping a line to express gratitude on their behalf and that you earned some good ju ju that day. Was going to stop by after to chat but you guys had already left camp. Awesome build and glad to see the willingness to lend a helping hand.

1698641970120.png

Just dropping a line to express gratitude on their behalf and that you earned some good ju ju that day. Was going to stop by after to chat but you guys had already left camp. Awesome build and glad to see the willingness to lend a helping hand.
That was fun for sure! The max tracks weren’t grabbing the tires they just kept slipping, my winch controller had died, and I wasn’t able to charge it fast enough so the winch was useless, their front end was close to the lake, only option I had was pull them backwards and there was a massive bush behind them. Only thing I could do was drive through the bush.

That trip was full of surprises! We even had to leave camp and help someone change a tire on the main stretch. One of the camps next to us had a buddy pop a tire and they didn’t have any tools to replace it. So we drove up there and swapped it onto a donut… thankfully they were smart and turned around to head home!

I like helping people out. It’s the only time I get to actually use the gear we have. I used to do a lot more harder wheeling back in the day. I had a little 4runner and it was much lighter and a lot more nibble than my tank of a 100 series. So I don’t get to pull that stuff out very often!

IMG_4566.jpeg

IMG_4568.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom