Buick V6 to 2F Conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '73 FJ-40 that has a Buick V6 conversion. I have purchased a fairly solid 2F for $200 that I would like to put into my Cruiser. My problem is that I don't know what was removed for the V6 conversion that will need to be reinstalled. Also, I would like to know any common problems with 2Fs that I should look at before I install it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can't help just yet ... can you give some more information. We'd need to know mainly what kind of conversion it has. Are you still running stock 3 speed or is there some other tranny? Is there an adapter plate?

Thanks,
Rice

It still has the stock tranny and there is an adapter plate.

probably the motor mounts and the mount on the rt rear was removed. could have a diff. radiator. if the transfer didn't end up in the stock location, the driveshafts could be the wrong length. do you have a three speed? Does the 2F have a three speed bellhousing or four speed?

The transmission is a 3 speed. I think the transfer case is in the stock location. I think the 2f has the 4 speed bellhousing. I can probably still get the tranny and transfer case from the donor FJ. Does anyone know where I can find picture of the motor mounts so I can see if they are still on my frame?

Where are you located? i am sure i would give you hand if i knew you were close.

any pics?

interested in the V6 possibly.

i like the buick v6.
Gumby pass that video and links a such, i am researchin info on that motor for another project. along with the supercharged and non supercharged 3100 series V6.

"Better yet build that V-6."

Talk about polishing a turd......

But hey,

Good luck!

-Steve

The 4.3L V6 is OK, but there is something about the torque of the 2F straight six when you're crawling up a trail that inspires confidence. I think you are on the way to putting your Cruiser back to where it ought to be...

Mike S

Yup, it's kinda a turd. After all it did come stock in a Heep at one time. This, howeve, is one seriously polished turd.

http://fasttrackperformance.com/page5/Chow movie files/ChrisTTGN.wmv

Check out the rest of ClubCivic.com's vids. Very much not our thing, but if we had even a portion of that many Cruiser vids, i'd be a pig in slop. for that matter www.fasttrackperfomance.com has a bunch too.

I would dig a 4.3L TBI cruiser. I think I might do one over a 2F. You could gear that thing to the moon with about a third of the wieght of a 2F and more HP. Dunno that i would put that much effort in the Buick V6, but maybe if I already had one and I could find the GNX Turbo parts...

And then watch the bottom end of the engine fly out the pan or out the tail pipe...those things were luckey to last 40K on a set of rod and main bearings..but show me someone that owns one of them, and did not, or has not pounded the piss out of it...fun while they lasted I guess...

Had a 4.3/700R4/208 in a 84 standard cab pickup..it worked pretty well...

-Steve

where did you guys end up with the chevy 4.3 v6 in here? lol

buick v6 231 from about 75-96 or so
available with supercharger, turbo charger, mpi, and
just about every other type of fuel injection, in a factory application.
Available in rwd, fwd, big bellhousing, small bellhousing, just about
all parts can interchange (from what i understand).
almost like SBC did is what a buick v6 231 is.

The odd fire v6 is a dieing breed but diehard heep guys love them
kind of like f engines and such.

buddy has that oddfire in his 68 cj5, 420, d18, 4.88 and 37" and he
lights them up, funny little V6, exhaust sounds alittle weird.

BTW gumby 1000 hp and lost alot with tires burnning on the rollers. SICK

i like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom