Bronze Color Wheels-? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

abuck99

SILVER Star
Threads
Interested to know consensus on Bronze color wheels. Its a color that's on trend right now, and various shades of bronze that looks kind of cool on certain white or black trucks, question is it a color that will endure or go the way of chrome wheels from the 70's? Fwiw- 2020 LC Heritage edition comes standard with bronze color wheels.

I'm downsizing from 18" to 17" wheels, getting rid of the fake locks for a lipless design. Thinking of a color change away from murdered out wheels.

Thoughts on bronze?

👍 or 👎
Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 10.41.09 AM.png

I like it... But really depends on the color as in my mind it needs to be more bronze as some come across more orange/brown than bronze colored. I like the Icon color and definitely like a more matte bronze vs. glossy. Think the color looks good on white and black vehicles.

Check out Stealth Custom Series. Their bronze is Wicked, very understated. subtle and cool, IMHO

I do like the SCS bronze colorway and their product is substantially lighter weight compared to others which is preferred- but they've limited options/styles/offset in 5x150 and I'm not crazy about what is available.

Bronze is the new Black

Good luck getting bronze wheels from scs (or most of their stuff) Bots have taken over and limited release items are gone in 90 seconds.

👍

I like the bronze wheels. Just ordered some Braid Winrace S in bronze for my Cypress LX. I am not a fan of the lighter shades that move closer to gold. Dark Bronze wheels are great, IMO.

Also keep in mind you can have wheels professionally redone in any color you want for ~$500+. It's not the same commitment as choosing a car color.

I like the bronze wheels. Just ordered some Braid Winrace S in bronze for my Cypress LX. I am not a fan of the lighter shades that move closer to gold. Dark Bronze wheels are great, IMO.

Also keep in mind you can have wheels professionally redone in any color you want for ~$500+. It's not the same commitment as choosing a car color.
Yeah this is the way I am kinda thinking I may eventually go seeing as finding something I like in bronze has been pretty slim. Seems like there are limited mfg. of 5x150 wheels out there too that are not like OE cruiser rims with a +60 (or whatever) offset. I like them to be closer to zero offset, like +20 or so but that is hard to find. I would love a pair of TRD style faux beadlock prerunner style that came on Tacos/4Runners/FJ Cruisers a few years ago.

Yeah this is the way I am kinda thinking I may eventually go seeing as finding something I like in bronze has been pretty slim. Seems like there are limited mfg. of 5x150 wheels out there too that are not like OE cruiser rims with a +60 (or whatever) offset. I like them to be closer to zero offset, like +20 or so but that is hard to find. I would love a pair of TRD style faux beadlock prerunner style that came on Tacos/4Runners/FJ Cruisers a few years ago.
I wanted a -40 offset and the options were very limited. I went with Braid because they're made to order. Any offset you want, they'll do (within a certain range that works on the design). A little more expensive, but you get exactly what you want. They also offer two styles of real beadlock - one is even DOT legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom