Broken Valve Cover Stud - tried everything what to do now? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if it's something about being back there right against the firewall and above the exhaust that it gets hotter than the other bolts and therefore seizes up somehow.
Most likely it's due to the hoses and heater valve directly above it that hoses or valves fail and leak and run directly on that bolt. Antifreeze will accelerate galvanic corrosion if allowed to get wet / dry cycling. If it's a sealed system, it doesn't get more replenished oxygen to promote the Oxide growth.

Most likely it's due to the hoses and heater valve directly above it that hoses or valves fail and leak and run directly on that bolt. Antifreeze will accelerate galvanic corrosion if allowed to get wet / dry cycling. If it's a sealed system, it doesn't get more replenished oxygen to promote the Oxide growth.
I guess it's a good thing then that I'm replacing the heater valve and all the hoses/clamps back there while I have the cover off.

I guess it's a good thing then that I'm replacing the heater valve and all the hoses/clamps back there while I have the cover off.

I also happen to be doing the same. Much easier to reach all that stuff while the valve cover (and in my case the head) is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom