Broken rear sway bar bolts. How to address? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ordered as well. Supporting a fellow masshole!

First time having a JDM was easier. The holes under the frame were threaded.

20230311_162550.jpg

Drill them out and install nutserts. I’ve had to do 1 of my bolts, hasn’t failed yet.

We offer SEXY Severe Duty Rear Adjustable Links with Nutsert option for the older side mount 80's.

Currently discounted

rear links 2.14.2020 (1).jpg

Last edited:
will these accomodate the whiteline sway bars?
The introduction of Whiteline and other HD swaybars is why our links were developed to meet the 104% percent increase. So to answer your question yes they will accommodate any HD swaybar. If you wheel hard and run HD swaybar you will want these.

I'm running these links on my 94 with the Whiteline swaybar. Works great with the full load my Cruiser always has out wheeling

@philip g - How were the bolts broken in the first place? I ask because I see that you are in CO. If you use you 80 for hard wheeling like rock crawling and these bolts broke due to sway bar impacts with hard earth, you might consider ditching the low hanging and vulnerable stock anti sway bar and install an AntiRock.

@philip g - How were the bolts broken in the first place? I ask because I see that you are in CO. If you use you 80 for hard wheeling like rock crawling and these bolts broke due to sway bar impacts with hard earth, you might consider ditching the low hanging and vulnerable stock anti sway bar and install an AntiRock.
They commonly break when removing to install extended sway brackets

They commonly break when removing to install extended sway brackets
Not my experience but I’m on the west coast where cars don’t rust. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom