Broken Down 1992 FJ80 3FE, HELP! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks jonheld - I'll take a look at the relay the next time I'm out there and see if I can decipher the pin out diagram, that would really help.

Phildoh - those photos of the fuseable links are very helpful, I'll put them on my list of items to replace, but I am getting good voltage from the battery to most of the places I've checked (all 3 fuseable links are ok).

My next steps will be to take more readings on the EFI plug and to look at the relay to see if it's got a pin-out diagram. Probably won't get out there for a month :-(

In the meantime here are some diagrams to show my confusion about the difference between the diagram and my EFI plug:

full

full

full

Appreciate the help.

Did you ever resolve the problem? What was your solution?

I would start by verifying the ECU plugs are nice and tight and that there is no damage to the wiring harness at the ECU. Then I would go through and look for loose or broken ground wires in the engine bay. I just went through this with a member here a while back. He fought his truck for a long while and thought he'd checked everything. I told him to check his grounds and to check his igniter ensuring it was booted down. Fixed his issue, one disconnected ground and the igniter wasn't bolted up, also a motor swap out type situation. Have seen one missing ground kill cars before. Had it happen to me in my 03 Altima, did a hard launch and it immediately died. Took a weekend of removing splash guards etc.. To find the one dangling ground wire off the front of the engine. Point being something as simple as a ground wire that has pulled loose or or an igniter not bolted down can cause no start issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom