1992 FJ80 Review (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, found a 1992 FJ80 center locked that's semi local for sale. 198K miles for just under 6K.

I've heard the 91-92 years are not as desirable as the later years but curious to know if this is worth checking out based on year / miles.

Anything specific with this model that I should look for?

Engine is less desirable but some people love it
semi float rear axles vs. full float. No air bags or abs

Center locker is standard btw and these did not have options for front/rear axle lockers like the later years

Look out for rust and just general stuff like any other car

3F-E can make a good daily. I used to daily mine for a few years and i enjoyed it. It is a little thirsty, but so is the 1FZ-FE. If you don't plan on going bigger tires than 33s or 35s, it will be a solid weekend cruiser for camping and such. The 3F-E is underrated, It will save you money in the long run vs buying a more expensive 93-97 IMO.

3F-E can make a good daily. I used to daily mine for a few years and i enjoyed it. It is a little thirsty, but so is the 1FZ-FE. If you don't plan on going bigger tires than 33s or 35s, it will be a solid weekend cruiser for camping and such. The 3F-E is underrated, It will save you money in the long run vs buying a more expensive 93-97 IMO.
Thanks for the insight! And I'm reading that right that there are no air bags? Makes me a little nervous...

I believe it comes with 31s on it. Current owner also mentioned AC not working due to needing to find garage that would do that style of coolant, is that a thing too with these older models?

If you want creature comfort such as air bags/ ABS, heated seats, etc. Look into a 93+ or even a 100 series. Those might fit your bill if those are important factors when buying a cruiser.. All 91/92 came with R12 from factory. Mine was converted to R134a.

If you want creature comfort such as air bags/ ABS, heated seats, etc. Look into a 93+ or even a 100 series. Those might fit your bill if those are important factors when buying a cruiser.. All 91/92 came with R12 from factory. Mine was converted to R134

More concerned with the lack of AirBags. Used to no heated seats and could adjust to no ABS.

Might take a look at it and check out the rust level / overall condition.

More concerned with the lack of AirBags. Used to no heated seats and could adjust to no ABS.

Might take a look at it and check out the rust level / overall condition.
I just figure the 3fe doesn’t take me anywhere fast, so hopefully that reduces my chances of a bad accident. That and an “I guess I’ll just die” mentality seem to calm my worries

'93-'96 models are close to or over 30 years old. Are you sure you want to gamble on a 30 year old air bag 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom