Brake pedal half soft then solid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all I have a question about brakes.
My 74 Land Cruiser has a funny feeling pedal it goes in really easily for half the travel and then is basically Rock Solid.
I've tried pretty much everything I can think of. I just put a new master cylinder in from an 80 series replacing the old one but no change.
new shoes and pads, the hoses are only about 4 or 5 years old and feel mint and pretty sure there is no air in the lines. I'm getting 26 igh or vacuum and the pots in the front seem to be free.
I even replace the brake booster with another old one but still no different.
Had a mechanic mate look at it and he said yep it doesn't feel right but wasn't hundred percent sure so recommended having a look at the lspv proportioning valve has that's basically the only thing I haven't changed.

So my question is before I rip off the proportioning valve has anybody else had this problem and found a solution?

The proportioning valve is adjustable on the chassie. Slides up and down when you loosen the bolts. Sliding it down will increase its braking. If the springs have been reset or any sort of lift kit put in you will have to change the bracket on the diff housing where the rod attaches. If it has been lifted 2” you will need to use a bracket 2” taller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom