Brake light coming on intermittently (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wondering if any forum member has had this issue? No rhyme or reason when it does it but definitely becoming more frequent. And does not seem to be affected either way by setting/releasing parking brake.

Anyone know where the sensor is located? 2000 LC.

Thanks!

Brake light can come on for 2 reasons. When park brake is applied or when the brake fluid level is low. The park brake sensor is located st the base of park lever. May need to remove the center console

If your brake fluid is low check your brake pads for wear, low brake pads can cause the brake fluid level to drop because the brake fluid has to take up the void left by the thin brake pads.
If the brake pads are fine then check for fluid leaks.
If you really paid attention I bet the light comes on when stopping/starting and turning.

Read bef
Nailed it! Combo of low fluid and thinning pads! Topped off the fluid and drove it a couple days, no light
Read before topping
Brake reservoir (1).JPG

Reactions: Dox
I had the brake light and buzzer come on for a couple of seconds last week, two days ago the brakes started to grind so I second that worn pads will cause it. Watched Otramms video on bleeding brakes, got dizzy and left it to a pro. Dajda is putting new brakes on today.

That is only when you are adding from empty or flushing the system, not for topping off.
^true, I didn’t do this just added as usual

Wrong! It says, what it means: "BEFORE ADDING BRAKE FLUID". Adding to max line while accumulator charged (filled) results in over filling. Check your OM & FSM many warnings, "do not overfill".

I have checked my res five times since adding. All just below the max line where I left it at the time I topped it off.

Ok! Try this. Go out to your rig and turn key on, just to insure brake pedal has not been pump at all with key off. Then see if brake level at MAX line, if not top it. This is just basically what you did when you topped without evacuated, right!

Now follow instruction on reservivor pump pedal 40 times with key off. Now check level, is it over following:hmm:

Note: rarely does it take 40 pump of the pedal to evacuate booster. I do until pedal drops plus 3.

Was it over MAX line once you pumped the pedal 40 times key off?

Dude. You are overthinking this and making it way to complicated.
He was low not empty, therefore the accumulator will still be full, no change there. The accumulator has no idea reservoir was low. He can pump the pedal all he wants and it's not going to overflow.
So topping off will not overflow the reservoir. And even if it did so what? Excess brake fluid will spill out onto the ground. Who cares?

Noooo. NEVER top off brake fluid unless it’s after finding and repairing a leak. If fluid is low due to pads wearing, like you say, then the fluid will raise back to normal when you open the calipers and put new pads in.

Dude. You are overthinking this and making it way to complicated.
He was low not empty, therefore the accumulator will still be full, no change there. The accumulator has no idea reservoir was low. He can pump the pedal all he wants and it's not going to overflow.
So topping off will not overflow the reservoir. And even if it did so what? Excess brake fluid will spill out onto the ground. Who cares?
So you think reading the brake fluid topping instruction and following them "way To Complicated" Really!

DUDE! Yes I think, even read the OM, FSM and even the simple print on the Brake Reservoir. Heck I even read that silly little cap on the power steering reservoir "Use ATF" how silly ATF in power steering. I so overthink it, that I even use a torque wrench on bleeder plugs, flare nuts for that matter most all nuts and bolt, what a waste of time right Spike. I'm mean who has time to open a manual much less read that useless dribble, right Spike. I mean really why not just used tap water in the radiator, sill Mr T is just overthinking warning us "distilled water only".

I'm mean why brother warming engine before checking oil, silly Mr T. overthinking this. Let's do like "Spike" checking that 50W oil you use in crankcase each Sunday morning before startup. Capillary action who cares don't overthink it..

Really what "difference does it make". I mean really does anyone think Toyota had any good reason whatsoever molding millions upon millions of brake reservoir with such ridiculously complicated instructions and in multiple language too.

Why Mr.T bothers writing all these warns and procedure when we have your guidance Spike, I can only wonder! Silly Mr T.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom