Intermittent ABS light and pulsating/buzzing brake pedal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was driving the other day and the ABS light came on the dash. It turns on and off intermittently. Today I noticed a slight buzzing noise coming from the brake pedal when I pressed them at low speeds, along with this pulsating/fluttering/judder in the brake pedal as well. When it is doing this, the brakes feel much weaker and feels as if it isn’t breaking properly. Have not experience it yet at higher speeds.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Was driving the other day and the ABS light came on the dash. It turns on and off intermittently. Today I noticed a slight buzzing noise coming from the brake pedal when I pressed them at low speeds, along with this pulsating/fluttering/judder in the brake pedal as well. When it is doing this, the brakes feel much weaker and feels as if it isn’t breaking properly. Have not experience it yet at higher speeds.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Hints that the electric master cylinder is wearing out? Probably you should carefully check the braking system (or have someone else do so) before you find yourself driving without brakes.

Or maybe it could a bad ABS wheel speed sensor?

Have you tried reading for codes?

Last edited:
Hints that the electric master cylinder is wearing out? Probably you should carefully check the braking system (or have someone else do so) before you find yourself driving without brakes.

Or maybe it could a bad ABS wheel speed sensor?

Have you tried reading for codes?
Would the codes show up with an OBD scanner?
Where would you recommend I start with checking?

Sounds like the pump motor is struggling to fill the accumulator. Inspect all the lines and stuff but plan on replacing the booster assembly.

Would the codes show up with an OBD scanner?
Where would you recommend I start with checking?

From your description, it’s hard to tell if you’re describing ABS activating abnormally, or the brake system alarm.

Brake fluid is well above the max line
maybe it’s just the simpleton in me, but might be worth a bleed as well, just before you go ordering parts. Sounds similar to air in the system, so yes, might be serious, but if a bleed helps/eliminates symptoms, might also provide further direction. And DOT3 is at least a little cheaper than boosters last time I had a gander lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom