Brake Booster Install. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just had the master cylinder replaced by a local shop and now the LX pulls a little to the right when braking. I'm assuming that there's air in the lines and was curious if It's best to bleed the lines at the master cylinder as well as wheels.
TIA

Last edited:
White piece of wire? Are you talking about the brake pedal return spring? Yeah, that's supposed to be there. Push the pedal down and see.

White piece of wire? Are you talking about the brake pedal return spring? Yeah, that's supposed to be there. Push the pedal down and see.
I cannot believe that I didn't notice that. It looked like a short piece of wire that was bent to use as a pin to hold the pedal.
Maybe its time for me to get some glasses.

What year is yours? The front calipers cannot be bled like a non-ABS vehicle without a fancy electronic scanner, but there is another way to bleed as stated below:
On a gravel road activate the ABS (MAKE SURE NO ONE IS FOLLOWING YOU BEHIND) by pressing the brake paddle hard to lock up the wheels. ABS pump will bleed the brakes on it's own: This is for front only. If you have two separate lines to rear, bleed both as you normally do WITH IGNITION KEY ON.

What year is yours? The front calipers cannot be bled like a non-ABS vehicle without a fancy electronic scanner, but there is another way to bleed as stated below:
On a gravel road activate the ABS (MAKE SURE NO ONE IS FOLLOWING YOU BEHIND) by pressing the brake paddle hard to lock up the wheels. ABS pump will bleed the brakes on it's own: This is for front only. If you have two separate lines to rear, bleed both as you normally do WITH IGNITION KEY ON.
It is a 2003. The shop that I went to already over filled the New master cylinder and figured i'd try to finish it instead of taking it back to them.
Thank you for the reply as I will try that today.

It should work, if not pm me. I did a thread on remove, replacement and bleeding procedure for my 2000, which has the same setup as yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom