Boneyard Finds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I posted this in the for sale thread like an idiot. It was supposed to go here.

Got the email this morning that the 99 Land Cruiser is ready. It has been out for a week now. Still a lot of parts left.

Juan and I were pulling parts yesterday and I wanted a hub flange. I pulled the grease cap on the passenger side and noticed the c-clip was off the end of the axle and the shaft pushed inside. I am thinking this is the reason it was scrapped. The people who owned it probably thought it was a transmission or center diff problem.

I posted this in the for sale thread like an idiot. It was supposed to go here.

Got the email this morning that the 99 Land Cruiser is ready. It has been out for a week now. Still a lot of parts left.

Juan and I were pulling parts yesterday and I wanted a hub flange. I pulled the grease cap on the passenger side and noticed the c-clip was off the end of the axle and the shaft pushed inside. I am thinking this is the reason it was scrapped. The people who owned it probably thought it was a transmission or center diff problem.
Glad you boys were able to get a jump start harvesting on the gem.

if anyone goes to U pull n pay, please take a peak over the fence and tell me if this 2004 4runner has a sunroof or not.

1578928759491.png

Just curious. How does the Premium Lot work? I think I heard it cost extra.

It depends on who is working. They charge double sometimes and sometimes normal price. Sometimes they just make up a price. Today they walked in there with me to let me see if the part was even there, then walked me inside and made me pay for the part before I even pulled it. I gave them a piece of my mind before I left this time. I may never go back to that dump. Hell they may not let me back.

The best way to do it is like all the no hablas running around there. Just wait until an honest person is in there and the gate is unlocked then go and take what you want for normal price.

Had a few buttheads go in there while i was pulling parts on Friday. I locked the gate on my way out and locked them in.

What is my biggest pet peeve about the u-pull? The vultures that take every damn rear end. 1990 4Runner with zero days on the lot. Here is the culprit caught red handed.

busted.jpg

Had a few buttheads go in there while i was pulling parts on Friday. I locked the gate on my way out and locked them in.

I like this.

What is my biggest pet peeve about the u-pull? The vultures that take every damn rear end. 1990 4Runner with zero days on the lot. Here is the culprit caught red handed.

View attachment 2188045

I guess I am lucky that 100 has been in premium so long.

Twice I've seen 4Runners with diffs at the upull. Both times it was on a Saturday. This last Saturday there were two.

I was there two weeks ago, to pull the oil pan off of that 100. They just moved it out of the Premium Lot and had it sitting in the closed area. They were planning to move it to the import rows. I told them I had driven all the way down from the Jemez to pull parts from it, so they moved it back into the premium lot so I could get what I needed but said I only had to pay regular price not premium. They were nice to me on that day but it does not always go that way. Prices fluctuate sometimes but normally they are still acceptable and I prefer to pull the parts myself, so I can get the hardware that goes with them.

I was there two weeks ago, to pull the oil pan off of that 100. They just moved it out of the Premium Lot and had it sitting in the closed area. They were planning to move it to the import rows. I told them I had driven all the way down from the Jemez to pull parts from it, so they moved it back into the premium lot so I could get what I needed but said I only had to pay regular price not premium. They were nice to me on that day but it does not always go that way. Prices fluctuate sometimes but normally they are still acceptable and I prefer to pull the parts myself, so I can get the hardware that goes with them.

Did you lose an AC Delco brand 18 or 19 mm wrench? I found it on left on a bolt

As of this last weekend it was still in the Premium lot.

LOL, yes I did. It was on on the upper side of one of the bolts that holds the front diff up. I had to loosen that to let the diff drop low enough to pull the pan off. I left it on there because I though I might have to loosen it more but I got excited after I got the upper pan off and packed up and left. I realized it after I got home.

For what it is worth, pulling that pan without removing the front diff or removing the engine is a lot of work.

LOL, yes I did. It was on on the upper side of one of the bolts that holds the front diff up. I had to loosen that to let the diff drop low enough to pull the pan off. I left it on there because I though I might have to loosen it more but I got excited after I got the upper pan off and packed up and left. I realized it after I got home.

For what it is worth, pulling that pan without removing the front diff or removing the engine is a lot of work.

Cool. I will get it back to you.

I ended up epoxying a patch to my oil pan after looking at it a bunch. Since it uses FIPG instead of a regular gasket I decided not to replace it. If it does end up needing replacing I will pull the engine and do it upside down to keep oil from running down the inside of the block and keeping the FIPG from sticking.

I am hoping it goes into gen-pop pretty soon. I need a few more parts and don't want to have to deal with them buttholes about premium.

Cool. I will get it back to you.

I ended up epoxying a patch to my oil pan after looking at it a bunch. Since it uses FIPG instead of a regular gasket I decided not to replace it. If it does end up needing replacing I will pull the engine and do it upside down to keep oil from running down the inside of the block and keeping the FIPG from sticking.

I am hoping it goes into gen-pop pretty soon. I need a few more parts and don't want to have to deal with them buttholes about premium.

I will trade you a beer for it.

I just checked the inventory. The 1999 is in row I-4.

I was there last week but couldn't tell if it was still in the Premier lot or not but it must be.

I was there last week but couldn't tell if it was still in the Premier lot or not but it must be.
Which truck are you talking about? The 2004 4Runner is in row 4, with the 1999 100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom