Blackberry the FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the rof rack is now bolted on, and the winch mount is taking shape. :D
Should have the winch mount/cradle done by weekend.
DSC03555.jpg
DSC03557.jpg
DSC03558.jpg

sweet build mate. i only just noticed that u had a build up goin. whats the go with the 45:p should be working on that old beast once the 60's done. if ya need any bits for it. my dad has a 60 sahara up the back that he wants to wreck out. other than that we will have to go for a 4by when i get my ute finished

Cheers mate..... i installed my 12000lb winch over the weekend, i'm in the middle of a carby rebuild.

i also woke up yesterday morning to find the cruiser missing from out the front. some :censor: tried to flog it. they didn't get far, as no carby, but they tried thier best though, a good amount of fuel on the road from where they tried for a while to start it.

lucky for me, they left it as is, and didn't actually break anything.

Yes, over Christmas the 45 will started on. it will be a frame-off rebuild.

a drive in the bush around spring mountain or something would be great.

:cheers: dave

went for a play yesterday with an 88' FJ75, 86 HJ60 and a 2002 hilux.
i had all sorts of problems with low range grinding everytime i enguage it. And with all the bad weather lately, made for some nice intersesting mud/clay slipping sliding.
also i got bogged several times due to not having low range.:doh:

anyways, got to use my winch for the first time and what a beast of a winch, effortlessly pulled me up and over a rock ledge.
DSC03841.jpg
DSC03837.jpg

This is a great looking 60 good on ya

thanks, but to make it a better 60 is to fix my L4 problem.
when enguaged, it grinds the teeth something shocking (i suspect its not enguaging correctly)
but when i have it in L4 other times, its fine as i get momentum up, but once i start "giving it to it" it starts grinding again

anyways,......... more time under the truck figuring it out

Nice work on modifying that alloy bar to take a winch - I have the same one sitting under my house that I swapped for a used ARB winch version. I need to pull the seats and floor out of mine too and noise proof it a bit.

What seats are those?

Nice work, it looks like you did a awesome job in a short time, but a closer look at the posting dates shows that it took a little longer.

It has given me some ideas on what else to do with mine once it passes a RWC - I have converted it to Gas as well, but only seem to get around 200km to the tank. I still have the petrol tank but it needs a carby kit done to make it run on petrol reliably.

On the 60-62 front, it is defiantly a 62, the 3F motor defines the 62 series for these. I have a 85 62 series as well, round headlights manual windows ect, does have the drivers side locking though, I had the same issues after I got it, it came with a 60's manual and I was told it was a 60, after buying parts for it that did not fit (all fan belts) a closer look showed it was a 62 as well. Besides that, mine is a auto and apparently the 60's never came out in auto :)

A quick trip to ebay found me a 62 manual and it has helped considerably, some issues that are not covered in the 60's manual are covered int the 62 one.

NQCruiser - i will find the name tomorrow of the seats, but i got them on special from Repco.

Leroyxx - in the end i could of gotten it done quicker, but hey, it was done in time for its main trip to Fraser Is. I am now finishing off little things i started, and other things, like a new transfer and g/box that i'm saving for.

Dave
seats - blue.JPG

Last edited:
Really Cool Build MAN!!!!

Thanks LandBruiser

Over the weekend I ran a new bead of sikaflex-227 along the whole roof gutter.
So now, I hope, i have fixed all the gutter issues.
All that is required now is the final touch up painting.

I also made a very quick video camera mount. Its attached to the grab bar with a small sized u-bolt, a piece of gal channel, and a bolt. this is the beginings of a better one i have yet to make. At the moment, its at a good height, but maybe needs to be 75mm higher.

dave
Sika-flex-227 sealing.jpg
video-mount.jpg

Heck of a job on the truck!

I don't know if this is more than you're need. I bent up some pipe to follow the entire dash contour and monted it to end bolts underneath either side that attach the dash to body brackets. Using RAM bar mounts and a variety of arms and holders, I can attach a number of things for mapping, GPS, radios, phone, smallish tablet PC and a camera mount to it. The variability of dash width, rotation about the bar (ubolts as well) and the arm movement give nearly endless positions, good stability, and keep it out of both the leg area (and optionally out of the windshield when you need to). I use some rubber bushings wedged in to keep it still.

IMG_2470.jpg

Esh.... thats agreat idea, might have to give that a go when i get more in-cab accessories.

It's been a while since i have done anything, as a knee reconstruction will do that to a person....

I have resprayed the roof, and the panel is also finished and back on the truck. I'm finially driving it again.
I have been busy on making a set of cargo drawers, which tonight i hope to complete the final "screw and glue" now that i know it all works and fits.
I also baught myself a new roll-out awning which i also hope to install over the weekend.

Dave
IMG_1328.jpg
IMG_1332.jpg
IMG_1334.jpg

that looks like an FJ60, not a 62, because of the headlights? did they make 62's in '85?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom