Black Series Sergeant (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, looking for some advice! I searched here but really couldn't find anything.

I am looking at a black series sergeant, it's in my town, went and looked, looked really nice. Ultra crappy welds on the tongue to chassis, but I can repair that. Other than that it looked really nice.

What little I have found online, doesn't seem to be good! Who has experience with black series trailers? Should I avoid it? What issues are you guys having? Thank you in advance for the advice!

JC

There is a reason the main distributors (US) quit carrying the Black Series...

I think just about fully made in China with subpar parts. Lots of repair issues.

I do appreciate it, I will probably just keep building my m416 up. I've had no good responses across different forums. I will probably just avoid the heartache!

Have you checked on expedition portal? There's a 24 page thread about tips and tricks for the Black series there in the trailer section. Might be useful to you.

Although not a Sergeant I bought an HQ17 a month ago. I’m not sure about all the materials but their travel trailers are assembled in the City of Commerce CA. I drove by once thinking I could view the trailers but it’s just where they are built. I did hear that the pop-ups were built in China.

Black series had been on my radar for a couple years now. It was either that or a patriot campers but the wife wanted a live in style without all the setting up. I may start a thread to document any issues.

E7E55259-9D86-4753-B3DB-D91AC8AC28C7.jpeg

Although not a Sergeant I bought an HQ17 a month ago. I’m not sure about all the materials but their travel trailers are assembled in the City of Commerce CA. I drove by once thinking I could view the trailers but it’s just where they are built. I did hear that the pop-ups were built in China.

Black series had been on my radar for a couple years now. It was either that or a patriot campers but the wife wanted a live in style without all the setting up. I may start a thread to document any issues.

View attachment 3045783
I would be interested in your experiences with the HQ17 so far.

I would be interested in your experiences with the HQ17 so far.
Well not a lot to report so far but the fridge door handle cracked where it meets the mount. Likely my son bumped it. There is one cabinet hinge that does not like to stay in the open position. I have found the hose for the sink/shower spout a little short and will change for a longer one.

Off topic by the firman 3200 watt inverter generator sold at Costco will not power the A/C sufficiently.

I’ll probably do a proper running review but there is not a lot to report this far.

Can't believe not one person on here has any input at all?
Well, about the time you posted this I was in Provo. Went to a dealer located there and looked at a couple of them.
Thought they looked cool. The price was kinda scary. But under the old 'if you don't have anything good to say,
don't say anything' I left it at that. I wouldn't buy one even if I had the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom