BJ73 convert to FZJ73 soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that s not a good idea to sell you 73 ..... What are you looking for

Pocholin - Is there a Toyota track that bolts on to the top of the rear fender that the soft top
snaps to? Or are the snap bottoms attached directly to the top of the fender and along the top
of the rear doors?

Pocholin - Is there a Toyota track that bolts on to the top of the rear fender that the soft top
snaps to? Or are the snap bottoms attached directly to the top of the fender and along the top
of the rear doors?

no tham I know ... all the landcruiser soft top snap direct on the fender.... I will love something like J**p its get better fitment.

How does the power of the 1FZ feel in that 70 series? I'm considering the same swap in my BJ74, but with an auto trans.

Also, would you do this swap with an auto? or would you always do it with a manual?

How does the power of the 1FZ feel in that 70 series? I'm considering the same swap in my BJ74, but with an auto trans.

Also, would you do this swap with an auto? or would you always do it with a manual?

Hello,

It feels great. Second gear in L4 is all you will ever need for most applications. Ask me how I know.

If you go that way, make sure you get an H151F transmission. Auto is good but manual is better.

Last but not least, do not forget the ECU, complete with the 4WD control unit and harness.

Juan

Well its dificult to said.. because here in venezuela dont like to much auto tranny, we play alot in deep water and deep mud .. not to much rock crawling, so the auto tranny is alergic to water... so I dont like it, the bj73 with the 1fzfe, its grate, actually can be compare with the j**p jk with original tire.. and the 70 series on 35. in performance but with much more puunch power with the manual tranny and part time transfer.

Probably, if you put a 1fzfe with auto tranny on a bj73 you going to get away with driveshaft asue.. but in the short vertion its a no no.... the driveshaft it will be to short with the auto tranny.

if you plan is to put auto tranny probably going with the old model ... 1994 /1996 I think is the years of tthe best tranny

We recently built two tops for a BJ73 and BJ74! If anyone needs one, can share photos here!
I have a 1992 bj73 from Portugal and looking for a softop and cam across your message
Do you have all of the pieces required to convert a FRP top over to a soft top model for the top off months ?
Do you have any additional pictures ?
What is the price?

Yes he does. I have one of the first tops he made and love it! Definitely a quality top and looks and functions great.
549F31D4-C1AE-458D-88C9-05BEC5A52648.jpeg
EB1D0758-7BD2-4DDD-B669-EA5DB9C6D95C.jpeg
50452211-9D19-4B6D-AFAA-6184480B7E10.jpeg
EE3A4CCB-4CB8-40B0-A3A9-9208E42D6147.jpeg
6812D002-956D-401C-A845-FF09E884C7B0.jpeg

It is here too:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom