BJ60 Transmission Getting Hot? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gimme a 60

I Forgot About the Women!
SILVER Star
Threads
Hi,

I recently took my 3B swapped FJ62 to Vancouver island from the Okanagan.

I couldn’t help but notice on the long hill climbs on highway 3, my gear shifter got hot - yes the metal gear shifter was hot to the touch at the base of the shifter.

It wasn’t burning hot, however it was hot enough to make me wonder, is something wrong? Perhaps the transmission is not agreeing with the Lucas 80w-90 GL-5?

I’m just not sure, I’m worried I’m going to ruin my transmission - it only has 110,000km original!

Thanks!

Hi,

I recently took my 3B swapped FJ62 to Vancouver island from the Okanagan.

I couldn’t help but notice on the long hill climbs on highway 3, my gear shifter got hot - yes the metal gear shifter was hot to the touch at the base of the shifter.

It wasn’t burning hot, however it was hot enough to make me wonder, is something wrong? Perhaps the transmission is not agreeing with the Lucas 80w-90 GL-5?

I’m just not sure, I’m worried I’m going to ruin my transmission - it only has 110,000km original!

Thanks!
Get some actual temps. IR gun works well for this. Lacking that, can you put your hand on the transmission for a few seconds?
Also you should use a GL-4 gear lube in the transmission.

Get some actual temps. IR gun works well for this. Lacking that, can you put your hand on the transmission for a few seconds?
Also you should use a GL-4 gear lube in the transmission.

Yes I can hold my hand on the top of the transmission for about a second.

Seems very hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom