Bj42 Wiring loom Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey fellow 40 Lovers, Looking at having a 42 Harness replicated and trying to get a feel to see if they’d sell I guess, They would be direct plug and play and looking at how many owners might be interested in a compete loom. Hope to hear back in regards! #40lyfe

F1EE8F43-EC9E-4178-8AF8-930EB915436C.jpeg

Have you found someone that is willing to build them? I know that @Coolerman will refurbish them, but there are a few proprietary connectors that can not be found new (ex. hazard switch connector).

The pictured harness really doesn't look bad - not much has been hacked off or spliced in. My advice would be to rebuild the one you have. Unwrap it, clean the wires off, check resistance, look for damaged insulation, replace bad wires and connectors, and wrap it back up in harness tape and maybe add some wire loom. If needed, a lot of the connectors and terminals can be bought from corsa-technic.com.

Have you found someone that is willing to build them? I know that @Coolerman will refurbish them, but there are a few proprietary connectors that can not be found new (ex. hazard switch connector).

The pictured harness really doesn't look bad - not much has been hacked off or spliced in. My advice would be to rebuild the one you have. Unwrap it, clean the wires off, check resistance, look for damaged insulation, replace bad wires and connectors, and wrap it back up in harness tape and maybe add some wire loom. If needed, a lot of the connectors and terminals can be bought from corsa-technic.com.
It’s in remarkable condition and easily duplicated, Just wanted to know if it’s worth the outlay

What years would they be for ? I’m pretty sure 83-84 had the superglow setup so maybe slightly different to 82 & earlier turn back glow systems. If it’s for 83 84 I’d be interested depending on cost.

What years would they be for ? I’m pretty sure 83-84 had the superglow setup so maybe slightly different to 82 & earlier turn back glow systems. If it’s for 83 84 I’d be interested depending on cost.
Was doing both, Have both and was thinking of a 47 too, What would be a good price? The ultimate goal is to have a harness that any 40
Owner can get hold of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom