BJ41 - H41 transmission setup and parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have bought a 1978 BJ41 with a 2B engine and an H41 transmission. The previous owner has cut, shortened and re-welded the input shaft of the transmission (measurement of the shaft now is 8-1/8” from the end to the first gear), installed a shorter bell housing, a shorter bearing retainer and a shorter clutch-fork, which has moved the transmission forward.

I am now looking, to find the parts to bring the transmission setup back to stock. I understood that there are lots of different combinations and parts for the H41, H42, H55F transmissions and engines B, 2B, 3B and F engines out there.

Can somebody help me with dimensions and if possible, also part numbers for the combination of a 2B engine with an H41 transmission, by providing the following data or pointing me into the right direction where to find the information.
  • Input Shaft (21 splines / 1st gear 22 teeth) – Length from the end to the first gear and part number
  • Bell Housing – Length and part number
  • Front Bearing Retainer – Length of hollow shaft and part number
  • Clutch Fork – Length and part number
  • Transmission Support – Part number
I will deal with the two propellers later, as the length has to be adjusted due to a 4” lift.

I would appreciate some help here, as this definitely exceeds my knowledge as a BJ41 first timer, and I could not find the exact information in the forums.

Thanks a lot.

Bernie123

Note that you missed H series engines from your list.
My HJ45 also uses a H41 gearbox - south african market fwiw.
Have you found a good parts catalogue at least? See link below for example.

You might find that measuring parts in millimeters will give you much easier numbers to work with btw - quite often things are designed to nice round values. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom