Bit Of A Squeek From Rear Suspension??

Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
186
Location
Calgary, Canada
Can anybody give me some advice as to what might be causing an irritating squeeking noise coming from the rear of my LX? It's only noticable when driving over uneven pavement or rough roads.I had new OEM shocks installed all round a couple of months ago , but didn't get rid of noise. I've checked underneath and all seems to be tight. Could it perhaps happen to be my springs? They are original ( truck has 121,000 miles). There is also a bit of a clunk or thud when I hit a bump coming from driver side rear wheel. Had new discs and bearings done 5 months ago on rear as well. Thanks for any advice! - Tim
 

IdahoDoug

 
 
Joined
Aug 9, 2003
Messages
8,868
My spare gives out little squeaks on bumps like that. Also, the third seats when folded up sometimes will let loose a squeak.

DougM
 

e9999

You want to do what...?
Moderator
 
 
Joined
Sep 21, 2003
Messages
16,617
Location
US
anybody else with squeaky rear seats...? :)

aaah, youth *is* wasted on the young...! :)
 
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
186
Location
Calgary, Canada
Squeeky Rear

IdahoDoug said:
My spare gives out little squeaks on bumps like that. Also, the third seats when folded up sometimes will let loose a squeak.

DougM
Hi Doug - I have my spare in the truck and rear seats have been removed so that rules those out - thanks for your ideas anyway! -Tim
 

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star
 
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
10,313
Location
OC, CA
e9999 said:
anybody else with squeaky rear seats...? :)

aaah, youth *is* wasted on the young...! :)

ROTFLMAO - we'll see how many get this one Eric! :D
 

spartan

SILVER Star
 
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
1,030
Location
Secesh
Check your upper shock mounts to see if they are tight. If loose they can cause squeaking metal against metal noise. Same for front - except upper and lower mounts.
 
Joined
Apr 3, 2003
Messages
834
the magnetguy said:
Can anybody give me some advice as to what might be causing an irritating squeeking noise coming from the rear of my LX? It's only noticable when driving over uneven pavement or rough roads.I had new OEM shocks installed all round a couple of months ago , but didn't get rid of noise. I've checked underneath and all seems to be tight. Could it perhaps happen to be my springs? They are original ( truck has 121,000 miles). There is also a bit of a clunk or thud when I hit a bump coming from driver side rear wheel. Had new discs and bearings done 5 months ago on rear as well. Thanks for any advice! - Tim
How many washers did you use on each shock stud ends? and on which order were they installed? Are the washers on the rear lower shock mount facing inward or outward the shock's body?

I asked b/c I made some mistakes on mine (4 washers per stud ends) and the squeaks were loud (and consistent) as hell.
 
Top Bottom