Bit Of A Squeek From Rear Suspension?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anybody give me some advice as to what might be causing an irritating squeeking noise coming from the rear of my LX? It's only noticable when driving over uneven pavement or rough roads.I had new OEM shocks installed all round a couple of months ago , but didn't get rid of noise. I've checked underneath and all seems to be tight. Could it perhaps happen to be my springs? They are original ( truck has 121,000 miles). There is also a bit of a clunk or thud when I hit a bump coming from driver side rear wheel. Had new discs and bearings done 5 months ago on rear as well. Thanks for any advice! - Tim

My spare gives out little squeaks on bumps like that. Also, the third seats when folded up sometimes will let loose a squeak.

DougM

anybody else with squeaky rear seats...? :)

aaah, youth *is* wasted on the young...! :)

Squeeky Rear

IdahoDoug said:
My spare gives out little squeaks on bumps like that. Also, the third seats when folded up sometimes will let loose a squeak.

DougM

Hi Doug - I have my spare in the truck and rear seats have been removed so that rules those out - thanks for your ideas anyway! -Tim

e9999 said:
anybody else with squeaky rear seats...? :)

aaah, youth *is* wasted on the young...! :)

ROTFLMAO - we'll see how many get this one Eric! :D

Check your upper shock mounts to see if they are tight. If loose they can cause squeaking metal against metal noise. Same for front - except upper and lower mounts.

the magnetguy said:
Can anybody give me some advice as to what might be causing an irritating squeeking noise coming from the rear of my LX? It's only noticable when driving over uneven pavement or rough roads.I had new OEM shocks installed all round a couple of months ago , but didn't get rid of noise. I've checked underneath and all seems to be tight. Could it perhaps happen to be my springs? They are original ( truck has 121,000 miles). There is also a bit of a clunk or thud when I hit a bump coming from driver side rear wheel. Had new discs and bearings done 5 months ago on rear as well. Thanks for any advice! - Tim

How many washers did you use on each shock stud ends? and on which order were they installed? Are the washers on the rear lower shock mount facing inward or outward the shock's body?

I asked b/c I made some mistakes on mine (4 washers per stud ends) and the squeaks were loud (and consistent) as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom