biggest tire that will fit sua 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
like the title says what are the biggest tires that will fit on a sua 40?
i want to go 35's on bigger. i have 2.5 ome springs now and it looks like 35's will fit.
i realize some fender movement may be required and wheel well trimming.
i've seen one guy that removed the skirt and moved his fenders up to meet the hood.
in the end i know that soa is the way.
thanks,
eric

So, as I understand it, Eric, from the title and all, you are asking what is the largest tire you can put on your FJ40?
Hmmmm...I'm thinking that this same question has been asked before. Have you perhaps tried the search function?
In fact, IIRC, this very same question has been asked SO many times, it has become the benchmark by which all other overasked questions are measured.
And an inside joke that even I have resorted to using.
Perhaps, shortly, some kind soul (Poser) will post a dozen or so of the most recent and pertinent links to the FAQs. I'm not that nice.
And since you realize that "some trimming" may be required, I'll give you the short smart-ass answer. It's similar to the "How fast can you afford to go?" short smart-ass answer...
"how much are you willing to cut to make big tires fit?"
Or just go SOA now and save your fenders and tub.

The old pic in my sig line is SUA with well worn down 4" soft ride springs (lets say they were good for 2" or lift - but rode beautifully), 2" over stock shackles, 0 body lift (would never do that) and cut out wheel wells. Flexed like crazy and wheeled nicely.

Tires were 38.5" TSL/SX's - with 2.5 inch or less backspacing double beadlocks. I think the extra backspacing helped as well.

There's a post in the hardcore section of someone getting ready to link his SUA - has a few nice shots of what looks to be at least 37" Iroks.

biggest Tire

Hmm

not sure what the biggest possible is but my SUA lift is 4 inches with 33's and it looks right for 35s I think you would need too much trimming with a 2.5 if it were possible

If you know you are going SOA then a lot more is possible but you will likely have to look through the builds on here to see what you need

shackle reversal? Moving the rear axle back? Trimming?

if you have a picture in mind of the final thing you want then I would takes steps towards that---For me the SUA 4" and 33x10.5 was the perfect look--no sense in going for something else and working up to it ---cause it is going to cost time and money

So if you want an SOA with 37s build that---you will be happier

Keep in mind too what mods are ---a can of worms inside a can of worms inside a can of worms;)

mudd faux pas no. 1

sorry pighead you are right, i didn't do a search and should have. thank you for very gently pointing that out. note to self and others... search first ask if search reveals nothing.
thanks,
eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom