Big Tires = PSF Leak? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have some of you found a problem with the power steering pump, after set your tires.

Or this pump work fine even some 38.1

Thanks in advance!

Thank you, maybe i'm leaking for using PS Fluid instead of ATF? or just bad seal?
i was thinking if it was the tires,then i will buy a stronger pump.. but if is it the above maybe could be repaired... what you think?

I would try atf first. If thats a no go i would reseal.

If your pump was on the edge, tth bigger tires could have definitely helped push past seals.

Yeah with a marginal pump or steering box big tires will definitely kill them. I had to upgrade to a psc rebuilt box after I installed 40's. You gotta figure the fluid will heat up and thin out more too which will allow it past the seals. Plus the increased resistance and force on the snout of your box trying to control those tires, if there was any slop there, big tires only makes it worse.

Thanks Both for your insight.

Yeah with a marginal pump or steering box big tires will definitely kill them. I had to upgrade to a psc rebuilt box after I installed 40's. You gotta figure the fluid will heat up and thin out more too which will allow it past the seals. Plus the increased resistance and force on the snout of your box trying to control those tires, if there was any slop there, big tires only makes it worse.

Did you installed a doble Damper for your 40's or how did you manage to Balance those, my respect for you. (i Should make another Thread for this question)

I didn't run a damper at all. Just had them balanced at a tire shop. Every time I run a real damper I end up smashing it and then when it doesn't compress it locks up the steering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom