BFG KO2 285/75r17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Semi-hijack since I don't want to make a new thread for this: For anyone thinking of going with the Coopers

2 NEW LT285/75-17 COOPER DISCOVERER S/T MAXX 75R R17 TIRES 30311 | eBay

I'm not saying to do this but I "know a guy" that did:

Order two using the $100 off coupon, make a new ebay account, buy another two using the $100 off coupon again. A set of four Cooper ST Maxx shipped to your door for $940. Deal ends on the 30th.

Last edited:
"Hydroplaning is a function of tire footprint said:
"All other things being equal". ;). Good point but all other things are not equal. Thread depth, vehicle weight is a huge factor, regarding hydro planing, On dry pavement wider is always better in the curves. Off road it depends on what your doing off road. Even with a narrow tire if you have more thread on your front tire's and less on your rear tire's it will throw off the wet traction in a turn and you will spin out. Bottom line buy what works for your needs but the important thing is to consider everything before making your decision.

The BFG website doesn't list tread width for the KO2 in 285/75/R17, but TireRack is showing it at 9.4" of tread width.

That's their "section width" - the tire has a bit of an oval cross-section. So the tread itself is narrower. Seems the KO2 is a little more oval, vs. some other brands/models may be a bit more rectangular. But I only saw the 'tread width' on TireRack.com, not on the BFG site itself, so who knows if it accurate.

Right
My set is in but i haven't had time to go get them installed. Can't wait for new rubber

I plan to order those Evo Corso wheels...did not know they apparently are on back order?

My Evo Corse wheels shipped yesterday and should be here Thursday evening. I ordered the KO2 in 285/75R17 from Discount Tire this morning. They had to order directly from BFG since they are so new. They said they would be here in 5-7 days. Hopefully will have everything mounted up next week.

That's their "section width" - the tire has a bit of an oval cross-section. So the tread itself is narrower. Seems the KO2 is a little more oval, vs. some other brands/models may be a bit more rectangular. But I only saw the 'tread width' on TireRack.com, not on the BFG site itself, so who knows if it accurate.

The important number is thread width (rubber on the road)

I had some installed last weekend.

5234ABA1-2851-4D80-A3F0-46390DECD93E.jpeg

Can you measure how tall the tires are mounted?

I have only had them on the street, but they did rub on the front mud flaps. Once the front map flaps were removed, my wife hasn't had anymore rubbing.

View attachment 1587760

View attachment 1587761

Truck looks great! I think this tire and the Ridge Grappler in 285/75/17 are the best matched tires overall for the 200 that will accomplish 90%+ of the goals anyone would have for the platform.

Truck looks great! I think this tire and the Ridge Grappler in 285/75/17 are the best matched tires overall for the 200 that will accomplish 90%+ of the goals anyone would have for the platform.

Thanks! I’ve had the KO, KM2, GY MT, GY MTR, and Trail Grappler on an assortment of vehicles over the years. I feel that the KO2 is the best tire that spends most of its life on road with the occasional off road trip. I think the Trailer Grappler comes in second. Haven’t had experience with the Ridge Grappler yet, but I was going to order them until the KO2 in 285/75/R17 was announced.

I have only had them on the street, but they did rub on the front mud flaps. Once the front map flaps were removed, my wife hasn't had anymore rubbing.

View attachment 1587760

View attachment 1587761
Is your front camera relocated into the lower part of the arb bumper? When did arb start putting mesh in their bumper facia? Please post a front facing photo of your bumper. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom