BFG KO2 285/75r17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Based on the past few comments, I’m guessing if I want to actually wheel this truck, I can’t run anything bigger than 33’s without rubbing. My RW arrive tomorrow. I’ll put the 285/75/17’s on and tell you if they run the KDSS. I’m assuming it’ll rub elsewhere on a stock suspension. I’ll live with some rubbing while I wait for suspension parts to come in.
Any updates on your RWs with that tire?

I do have them on now. I totally forgot about this thread. @Taco2Cruiser Is there a specific area you’d like me to snap a pic of? They were rubbing something fierce but I cut a good chunk of my front fender liners and the rubbing is gone. The question is when the suspension articulates, will I have issues.

I do have them on now. I totally forgot about this thread. @Taco2Cruiser Is there a specific area you’d like me to snap a pic of? They were rubbing something fierce but I cut a good chunk of my front fender liners and the rubbing is gone. The question is when the suspension articulates, will I have issues.
Hey no worries. Could you just check rubbing for all things sway bar?

I think @Roy Park is running Tundra conversion.

That is correct. I have the Tundra conversion and do not have any rubbing on the sway bar. Not sure that helps ya tho.
No not really, but thanks anyway.

Help me @TonyP, you’re my only hope.

I just noticed that my driver side wheel is rubbing my resi. I’m gonna need to move it up a bit.

you keep rubbing that, you'll go blind.:flipoff2:

[/QUOTE]

Post up some pics! :D I want to see how proportional the KO2s are vs the Ridge Grappler. I know the KO2s generally run small, and the Nittos generally run large. Trying to decide between the 2 and need to pull the trigger soon. I ran the Nittos last time, but I'm always open to something different.

Post up some pics! :D I want to see how proportional the KO2s are vs the Ridge Grappler. I know the KO2s generally run small, and the Nittos generally run large. Trying to decide between the 2 and need to pull the trigger soon. I ran the Nittos last time, but I'm always open to something different.
I’m in PHX for work. I’ll snap a photo with a tape measure with the tires inflated to Gaijin’s recommended pressure for reference. Obviously when I return.

While waiting for Roy Park's pics w/ bated breath, have what may be a naive question.

What is the difference, respecting tire clearance, between 1) the Tundra IFS and 2) adding 1.25" spacers to the stock IFS? Both widen the track 2.5", I believe. If I recall correctly, when I looked into the Tundra IFS conversion, it was recommended to put rear 1.25" wheel spacers on to match the front and rear track.

So, does that mean if Roy Park's setup indeed works, it should also work for us running stock IFS w/ spacers? I'm probably missing an important consideration...

Also, Roy Park, please take a pic of the modifications you made to the front fender liner.

Anyone have any advice about what not to cut when it comes to the front fender liner? I took off the plastic and saw stuff back there I wasn't sure should get muddy, then got skittish. There does seem to be a lot of plastic that can be trimmed down in that area otherwise, though.

Last edited:
While waiting for Roy Park's pics w/ bated breath, have what may be a naive question.

What is the difference, respecting tire clearance, between 1) the Tundra IFS and 2) adding 1.25" spacers to the stock IFS? Both widen the track 2.5", I believe. If I recall correctly, when I looked into the Tundra IFS conversion, it was recommended to put rear 1.25" wheel spacers on to match the front and rear track.

So, does that mean if Roy Park's setup indeed works, it should also work for us running stock IFS w/ spacers? I'm probably missing an important consideration...

Also, Roy Park, please take a pic of the modifications you made to the front fender liner.

Anyone have any advice about what not to cut when it comes to the front fender liner? I took off the plastic and saw stuff back there I wasn't sure should get muddy, then got skittish. There does seem to be a lot of plastic that can be trimmed down in that area otherwise, though.
I keep forgetting the homework assignments. Sorry.

Here’s a pic of what it looks like as a whole:
C33565AC-8C25-4C1C-8446-5DCD8984460B.jpeg

They’re supposedly 33.9” but inflated to Gaijin’s recommended PSI:
1A9184EA-23DD-4E00-8038-9C2C2EF6CD31.jpeg

Here’s the fender liners I cut. Just used a dremel and didn’t bother trying to clean it up since I’ll be getting a bumper and probably will have to cut more anyways:
361BF795-5F36-468C-B8C3-433727F7BA15.jpeg

8FE9783C-EAB7-4834-B0D9-272A73CFC8C5.jpeg

I didn’t use any maths or science for cutting. Just found where it rubbed and kept cutting higher until it stopped.

I keep forgetting the homework assignments. Sorry.

Here’s a pic of what it looks like as a whole:
View attachment 1664922

They’re supposedly 33.9” but inflated to Gaijin’s recommended PSI:
View attachment 1664921

Here’s the fender liners I cut. Just used a dremel and didn’t bother trying to clean it up since I’ll be getting a bumper and probably will have to cut more anyways:
View attachment 1664923
View attachment 1664924
I didn’t use any maths or science for cutting. Just found where it rubbed and kept cutting higher until it stopped.

Looks good. A bit smaller than the same size in Ridge Grapplers, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I was planning on this tire/size, but I needed to get something on asap before the truck goes into the shop for the lift so I went with 285/70/18 Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. It's in the shop right now, so I'm not sure if it will rub or not yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom