BFG AT KO - discontinued? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Maybe I'm late to the party at this has already been discussed; if so, I apologize. However, I noticed today that the KO is no longer listed on BFG's website, only the KO2. I went to TireRack and while they are still available, the selection of sizes in dwindling. The narrowest 18" tire right now is 305 (I'm currently running 275s on my 100). Has anyone heard whether they are truly being discontinued, or if perhaps production has temporarily shifted to the KO2s for the time-being, explaining the lack of selection?

Maybe I'm late to the party at this has already been discussed; if so, I apologize. However, I noticed today that the KO is no longer listed on BFG's website, only the KO2. I went to TireRack and while they are still available, the selection of sizes in dwindling. The narrowest 18" tire right now is 305 (I'm currently running 275s on my 100). Has anyone heard whether they are truly being discontinued, or if perhaps production has temporarily shifted to the KO2s for the time-being, explaining the lack of selection?
I don't know one way or the other but I can't see why they would continue production of the old model when the replacement is so similar.

Yeah, I got an email back from BFG today with the following:
"BFGoodrich is phasing the original All-Terrain T/A KO out of production, now that the KO2 has been released. Eventually, we plan to make the KO2 available in all sizes that the original KO tires were previously available in."

This is disappointing as I prefer the look of the KO vs the KO2. I recognize that performance often trumps appearance, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who takes appearance into account when selecting a tire.

@tripreed The KO was a 10 year old design and was getting hammered in every review it was tested in. The competition was better in almost every aspect. As a dedicated KO guy, I was hesitant. I put 315 KO2s on my 80 and have since put them on my 100 and 200 series. Much better tire than the KO in wet and much quieter all the way around.

Tried to buy 5 33x12:50x17 today at discountTire, was told they are no longer available and that the National back order system will not accept any orders

I was also told yesterday that the KM3 mud tire in 33x10.50r15 was discontinued. I reached out to BFG to ask no response yet.

@85roktoy please report back what you learn from BFG😳

Yep got a response early this morning. Just back ordered not discontinued. I’m relieved!

Very good to hear. Thanks!

I was also told yesterday that the KM3 mud tire in 33x10.50r15 was discontinued. I reached out to BFG to ask no response yet.
This tire is grossly undersized for a 33” tire. Measures out at about 31” mounted on a FJ60 wheel

I still dig it.

It’s a great tire. Quiet. Sticks good on the trail but damn. It’s small.
It seems all BFG's run small, and tread depth as well......if u want a 33" tire u have to go 295-75-16 instead of 285-75-16...crazy I know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom