Better Gas Mileage (tuning) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

how many miles do you get per gallon of water. I'm skeptical even thought I want to believe it really bad since that would mean i could get better gas mileage out of my cruiser. If we know how much water is used we know how much hydrogen is used, and we know how much energy can be made. From the pictures the water tank looks small.

Try to answer some questions

I was very skeptical about this and I am not suggesting anyone go out and order this. I pulled up all the stuff on Dennis Lee and to be honest I thought it was a complete scam. He has many issues and is banned from business in several states. I started watching YouTube videos on guys making units from Home Depot components and running them with mixed results. Then my wife decided we were going to buy it regardless of what I thought because our friends had it installed and it worked well. I said fine but she was in trouble if it did not work. We had it put on our truck and it has worked well so far for the last few months. We had to tune it multiple times the first month. I have not added any water yet and the level has only dropped a little. I have not tried to gauge the amount of water I am using per mile. I do not commute in my truck so I have probably only gone 500 miles or so. I keep filling it up and checking my mileage so I have not really run it through a full tank.
-The optimizer was the only thing I used to lean my fuel mixture down. That is the install guide but it does not have the instructions for tuning the optimizer. I had a "certified mechanic" do the first one and after I saw him I decided to do this one. I managed to get some DVDs that had Dutchman's old training class on them. It went through in detail the optimizer tuning, although I did not get the hands on. The mechanic I know told me it is a three day course and they tune about 5 different cars. On the more complex installs they have to add resistors in addition to the optimizer. I did not do it on the Cruiser. I am going to go as far as I can first with the optimizer. My air intake temp is not quite as high as they want it to show. I am doing the mileage test tomorrow and I will see if I can tune it in. I keep going too far and then go into open loop and have to rich it back up. I can peg the o2 sensor over .75 volts and can also take it below .30 volts. If I go too far then the fuel trim will peg on -28.8% and I lose power. Then I have to rich it back up. I also need to get my cell to put out a little more hydrogen. It is only drawing about 20 amps and they said it should draw 30 amps to produce 2 liters of HHO per minute. I need to add more of the Potassium Hydroxide, which is an electrolyte to help the solution. I need to do a bottle test to see just how much it is producing.
Anyway, I am starting to ramble. I will post my results for my initial mileage test. Again, I do not care if anyone buys this kit. I think it is cool stuff. I was a Chem major in college for a while and it is like a big science project for me. It is just expensive if I lean the engine out and fry the pistons.......then I get a 5.3V8 conversion:)
Remember you are not running the engine on hydrogen. It is just supplementing it. The amount of water you will use depends on the amount of hydrolysis you are getting. It varies with temperature, voltage frequency, amps, size of cell, etc.

I was very skeptical about this and I am not suggesting anyone go out and order this. I pulled up all the stuff on Dennis Lee and to be honest I thought it was a complete scam. He has many issues and is banned from business in several states. I started watching YouTube videos on guys making units from Home Depot components and running them with mixed results. Then my wife decided we were going to buy it regardless of what I thought because our friends had it installed and it worked well. I said fine but she was in trouble if it did not work. We had it put on our truck and it has worked well so far for the last few months. We had to tune it multiple times the first month. I have not added any water yet and the level has only dropped a little. I have not tried to gauge the amount of water I am using per mile. I do not commute in my truck so I have probably only gone 500 miles or so. I keep filling it up and checking my mileage so I have not really run it through a full tank.
-The optimizer was the only thing I used to lean my fuel mixture down. That is the install guide but it does not have the instructions for tuning the optimizer. I had a "certified mechanic" do the first one and after I saw him I decided to do this one. I managed to get some DVDs that had Dutchman's old training class on them. It went through in detail the optimizer tuning, although I did not get the hands on. The mechanic I know told me it is a three day course and they tune about 5 different cars. On the more complex installs they have to add resistors in addition to the optimizer. I did not do it on the Cruiser. I am going to go as far as I can first with the optimizer. My air intake temp is not quite as high as they want it to show. I am doing the mileage test tomorrow and I will see if I can tune it in. I keep going too far and then go into open loop and have to rich it back up. I can peg the o2 sensor over .75 volts and can also take it below .30 volts. If I go too far then the fuel trim will peg on -28.8% and I lose power. Then I have to rich it back up. I also need to get my cell to put out a little more hydrogen. It is only drawing about 20 amps and they said it should draw 30 amps to produce 2 liters of HHO per minute. I need to add more of the Potassium Hydroxide, which is an electrolyte to help the solution. I need to do a bottle test to see just how much it is producing.
Anyway, I am starting to ramble. I will post my results for my initial mileage test. Again, I do not care if anyone buys this kit. I think it is cool stuff. I was a Chem major in college for a while and it is like a big science project for me. It is just expensive if I lean the engine out and fry the pistons.......then I get a 5.3V8 conversion:)
Remember you are not running the engine on hydrogen. It is just supplementing it. The amount of water you will use depends on the amount of hydrolysis you are getting. It varies with temperature, voltage frequency, amps, size of cell, etc.

There is a guy on Youtube getting 1 liter per 10 amps so this system seems a little low on it's efficiency. The other thing is that the system's output is varied on the cell's temperature so with the tuning techniques you have it will be hard to dial anything in unless the system compensates for that variable output.

So I'm wondering how the output of HHO is controlled over varying temps and then metered in correct quantities based on the engines needs?

Have you ever heard of HHO fuel that has got to be the best way to save on gas prices.?Imagine the savings. It will cost you about $160, or two tanks of gas to install an HHO conversion kit
Hydrogen Car Kit - Save Money and Improve MPG Massively
Hydrogen car kit empowers your car to run on water and avoid oil as fuel. A vehicle however will not be able to run on water alone. There needs to be a mixture of gasoline and water to
enable it to run smoothly.Even the Water Fuel Conversion Kits - How Using Water As Fuel Helps Cut Your Gas Consumption
Recently,there is increased awareness among many drivers of a technology that uses plain water tosupplement the cars' gasoline consumption. Called a water fuel conversion kit, it is
a simpleadd-on to your current car engine that uses your car battery to carry out an electrolysis on water to produce Hydroxy gas (HHO). This Hydroxy gas is used to supplement the burning ofgasoline in the car's engine. Hydrogen generator kit for car can be better than gasoline or oil additives to raise gas mileage. When you make or do it on your own, you can save money on gas but will save lots of dollars on the kit and reproduce the system for other automobiles on your own.

Hi guys, I recently visited your site.I'm doing a Chemistry project and was wondering if HHO is a viable source of energy?
Does it waste more energy than it uses?
Thanks.

Grbstr - any results back??? i noticed this is a bit outdated but you didn't post back with your mileage results after install and tuning of the kit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom