Better Gas Mileage (tuning) (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds Good, im nowhere near installing but I would love to start a thread to field any questions,
and thats not a baseline that would hold up with the factory I have to measure my fuel level exactly and how much I use in a given run ect
So we can do that once the kit gets here.

BUMP!!! any updates on this "magical" kit??? anyone else try it out?

I gotta think there is a waiting list. My sister ordered 2 kits, and was sent a letter from the compny.
See below...

> You have completed the form to get started on the two-step process. We require no money at this time. Thank you for your request for a quote. One of our customer service representatives has been given your request and should reply to you, by return email within a couple of days at most. If you require a phone call, or more personal attention, you can let our representative know that then. This is a two-step process...
>
> The first step is to get the Hydro-Assist Fuel Cell (HAFC) kit, which is available right now and is universal (it will fit any personal gasoline fueled vehicle... if you own a diesel fueled vehicle skip to the second step.) The kit can be installed by you or your own mechanic (with the instructions that come in the kit). If you prefer, the kit could also be installed by our trained, and certified, mechanic in your area. The first step is guaranteed to increase the fuel economy of your vehicle by a minimum of 50% as shown on our scientific test in which we can control all the variables to absolutely PROVE the performance before and after your modification. Your price for the initial kit and ordering instructions will be provided in the return email. In the unlikely event the kits does not produce the minimal guaranteed performance, then you will be allowed ample time to remove and return the kit to the supplier for a full refund of the cost of the kit. We are sure that to get
> a 50% increase guaranteed and an expected mileage increase of double (based upon our experiences so far) the kit will be well worth the cost and effort even without the Pre-Ignition Catalytic Converter (PICC). Where else can you get that possibility today, especially at no risk? (That is, thanks to our 50% performance guarantee.) The HAFC first step will also give you relief from high fuel prices while you are waiting to take the second step.
>
> The second step in the process is for us to get you a quote on a customized PICC. It is an upgrade from the HAFC kit. Our research indicates that in conjunction with the HAFC kit, the PICC will be even more effective. It will also save money on hardware for the PICC installation. If you have a diesel vehicle, then the HAFC kit is not for your car, but you can still install the PICC even on diesel powered vehicles. Those with diesel must skip the first step and just wait for the PICC quote. The PICC is being developed for a wide range of vehicles and, when it is ready for your make and model, you will be given a quote. The PICC MUST be installed by one of our certified mechanics and, when we are ready, we will not only give you a quote for the hardware, but also inform you as to where you can get it installed, locally. This may take several months. Please be patient. We expect the PICC to revolutionize the industry. We are building our trained mechanic infrastructure with the
> HAFC kit initially.
>
> We are also working on a very unique financing program for the PICC upgrade. Having a PICC is expected to greatly increase the value of your car. So much so, that the car itself could be the collateral for a loan to buy the PICC. All you may need is the title and no matter what your credit is like, you will be accepted for that loan. If your car is still being financed, this funder would just refinance it with the PICC on it. The payments should be less than half the amount of the monthly savings.
>
> So, a customer service representative has been assigned to you who will respond to your quote request. We recommend watching the HAFC video as well as the PICC video and reviewing the web site more fully before you are contacted so you will understand what we are offering you free any of risk. You can use the email address and password you provided us to log into the customer's area of the web site, Admin blank page. We have added features, which will allow you to update the PICC quote information with revised contact information, add a vehicle to the quote request, or change information on existing vehicles. We may use this area for further information on our PICC research progress.
>
> You should receive a confirmation and quote email shortly. If you do not receive the confirmation email, it means one of two things: 1) You did not give us a valid email address. 2) Either your ISP or your email program is blocking our emails. Of course, you can contact us again through the email address and password you provided us to log into the customer?s area of the web site and let us know that there has been no response. Please allow a few days to pass first because we are as busy as you might imagine anyone with what we have to offer such a huge market of consumers would be.
>
> Sincerely,
> PICC/HAFC Customer Service
>
> P.S. Please do not respond to this email address because we do not monitor it for incoming email. If you need to contact someone, please contact your customer service rep and/or dealer.
Customer Service Rep. who will handle your order
> -------------------------------------------------------
> Company Name: Better World Resources
> Name: Valery Shkurinsky
> Street: PO Box 792
> City/State/Zip/Country: Clackamas, OR 97015 USA
> Email address: orderhafc@yahoo.com
>

Anyone with comments and /or know of this company?

Wow. That "letter from the company" reads like a HUGE load of malarkey...

Good luck,

Curtis

YUP.

I need to correct- my sister has only inquired and not ordered the "system" as of yet.

If you look through youtube you'll find some stuff by "Zero Fossil Fuel". Pretty interesting. He does experiments and shows his designs for creating HHO through electrolysis. He's modified a Honda that is carb'd and got a 20% increase in economy. Mounting one on an injected engine offers other obstacles as the added Oxygen in the exhaust causes the ECM to richen the fuel negating any positive effect.

yeah it seems like a waiting process and not yet built enough to deliever to the public.
if it's so successful and works perfectly, i think they would have made plenty of kits already. it doesn't sound like something too hard to create anyway, besides the piggy back "ECU"

i'm still going to try the Piggy Back ECU (Apex AFC, etc) route with a wideband of course.

Sounds Good, im nowhere near installing but I would love to start a thread to field any questions,
and thats not a baseline that would hold up with the factory I have to measure my fuel level exactly and how much I use in a given run ect
So we can do that once the kit gets here.

SS Storm, have you received your kit yet? You must be approaching the 4 week mark.

I just got certified to install kits that we can give you a money back guarantee that you wil get AT LEAST 50% better mileage. I am about to buy a kit to install on my land cruiser,
in my class we installed it on a 97 camry... 200k miles... it started at 22 mpg, after the kit was installed it got 47 mpg :p

Bull****.
Pure and utter Bull****.

I am looking at getting an innovative products wide band o2 setup. Not just to watch the AFR gauge but because it has a 0-1v output for the trucks ECM to give it a simulated narrowband signal. You can program the 0-1v output of it. I'll do that to lean it out a bit gradually. Also getting rid of the cats because on true lean burn cars they program them to run a touch rich every so ofen so they dont plug up. Later I might wire in a programable engine management system. Probably when I go turbo. Plumb the MAF (or a) sensor in blow thru and run the wideband o2 in constant closed loop mode. Not just at idle and part throttle.

And you know this how?

Where is the evidence? All I see are some astroturfers talking up a website with no evidence, no actual explanation of how it works - just lots of hand waving, conspiracy theories and buzzword bingo.

The internal combustion engine has been undergoing intensive R&D to improve power & efficiency for over 100 years. It's an extremely competitive industry. If this worked, it would be worth billions - but it's being sold on some podunk website. You think any of the big auto makers wouldn't pony up big $$$ for a device that *retails* for $1k but would let them double the HP or size of their vehicles and still meet CAFE standards?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I second that but I am going to watch the thread.

I second that but I am going to watch the thread.

x2. I;m ready to see something come to market.
Seems like every time someone gets this far they leave the planet never to be found.:doh:

my wife has been using acetone in her xterra for two years now. Averaging an extra 2mpg over the usual 16mpg. We do pay more for the extra fuel economy, about 50cents a tank for the 5oz.

Use at your own risk. I did my research and I'm ok with it. To lazy to do it in the lx and I don't check my mileage... Anymore too depressing.

Ok, no I haven't done ANY research into this so please excuse these very basic questions.

How does adding an H fuel cell to a motor make it more efficient? Fuel cells use hydrocarbons to generate electricity and their byproduct is water. If they're getting the hydrocarbons from gasoline then where do they put the extra DC? Does it take the place of the alternator to charge the battery? Are we cranking the flywheel with a second motor? Are we igniting the fuel through a small turbine as it goes out the rear of the Batmobile?

I need to put on my boots. It's starting to get a bit deep in here.

The easy way to improve gas mileage is to go back to a stock rig. Less weight, and lightweight tires.
Then start cutting away at the frame and body... Toyota & everyone else does this nowadays!

The other way is to convert & get rid of the dist. cap like the s. american FZJ's. better power, economy

my feeling is with a old engine like the 1FZ, it is super durable and best to keep it in top tune. Trying to squeeze a mpg or 2 out of it in some "new tech" method could indirectly damage something. Maybe those old hoses don't like acetone or the HG or.... ? who knows.

with all the money you spent on some "new tech", it just ate the mpg savings you might get. spend it on conditioning the engine, and get real results.

My truck runs great. it's great at what it does. The one thing it does not do is rub my head when the politics and gas prices fluxuate. The 80 is what it is. You can't make a 1994-era, 2 ton 4wd suv into a hybrid (something even automakers in 2008 cannot do).

i agree with most of what you said here... but are you SURE with all the technology out today, manufacturer's are not able to create a more fuel economy large vehicle? i strongly believe they can and will in the near future.

The easy way to improve gas mileage is to go back to a stock rig. Less weight, and lightweight tires.
Then start cutting away at the frame and body... Toyota & everyone else does this nowadays!

The other way is to convert & get rid of the dist. cap like the s. american FZJ's. better power, economy

my feeling is with a old engine like the 1FZ, it is super durable and best to keep it in top tune. Trying to squeeze a mpg or 2 out of it in some "new tech" method could indirectly damage something. Maybe those old hoses don't like acetone or the HG or.... ? who knows.

with all the money you spent on some "new tech", it just ate the mpg savings you might get. spend it on conditioning the engine, and get real results.

My truck runs great. it's great at what it does. The one thing it does not do is rub my head when the politics and gas prices fluxuate. The 80 is what it is. You can't make a 1994-era, 2 ton 4wd suv into a hybrid (something even automakers in 2008 cannot do).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom