Better Gas Mileage (tuning) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

May seem simple but.. I did the cap and rotor... better.. Then plugs and wires.. better..

The PO still had the originals installed since the wires had 1995 on them.. The plugs looked normal, clean an "read" that they were the right heat range.. Just worn to a way wider gap than specified.

One thing I might put on is a Jacobs coil and ignition.. An uncle bought a new LX470 and did not need the jacobs off his suburban.. With the jacobs I might open the plug gaps up a teeny bit like what toyota rund on the distributorless truck engines.. With the stock igniton using fresh parts the .032 gap makes for a much crisper, smoother idling engine.. Milage is up

I just got certified to install kits that we can give you a money back guarantee that you wil get AT LEAST 50% better mileage. I am about to buy a kit to install on my land cruiser,
in my class we installed it on a 97 camry... 200k miles... it started at 22 mpg, after the kit was installed it got 47 mpg :p

My guess is that the "kit" can be found right next to the cans of bullsh*t in your local grocery store.

LOL no its the HAFC kit
its a Fuel Vaporizer
a hydrogen fuel cell
ANND a piggy back computer system.
I have installed it and seen it work. I have tuned this junk myself so I know it works!

my cold start idle was also pretty high in the last couple weeks. my gas mileage has gone worse.
QUOTE]

How high was your cold start idle? Mine goes to 1700 when cold and I just wondered if that was too high.

There seems tobe quite a bit of interest in the "kit",

per - PICC

Might be fun to try it out on the 80 series..

ss storm how much is the magical device? Hafc to be specific? I'm curious as whether this really works or not. Skeptical but curious.

The PICC is magical... I dont know if I believe it.
I didn't believe the hafc until I installed it and tuned it and watched it work myself.
The kit is $1000 and if you order one tell me hehe I can submit your order and get a bit of a commission :p

So labor for installing and tuning the kit will range you from 700-1000 dollars, this depends on the quality of the install. All the installs I have done, people who don't really know what they are looking at don't know anything is going on under there.

Before anyone does anything tho I want to see how this works on my own truck. I will not recommend a product that doesn't work. I an a doubting Thomas all the way :p
Oh and in case any of you didn't know LOL I am now driving around an 80! I love it. ill introduce myself to the 80 series forum but until than. here is first a pic of an install I did on a 98 tacoma, and than one of my 80.

256956289O970645129.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

im saving the good pictures for later. :p

my cold start idle was also pretty high in the last couple weeks. my gas mileage has gone worse.
QUOTE]

How high was your cold start idle? Mine goes to 1700 when cold and I just wondered if that was too high.

toyman- my idle when it was HIGH was around 1800-2000 RPM COLD. then it would go down to normal *700-800.

on cold with the vacuum hose back in place it jumps up to around 1500 for 20-30 seconds and goes back down to 1000 then down to 700ish.

yeah i'm pretty curious as to see what this "kit" is about! i've never heard of it SS! any link or more detailed info on this thing? so it is applicable to ANY car and will increase the gas mileage by 50% of what it is currently (stock)?? how long has this product been out?

it will increase AT LEAST 50% or the factory will give you your money back. but a certified tuner has to install it (me :p)

here is a distributor- Hydro Assist Fuel Cell System :: Dutchman Products :: Kurt Walter Annaheim
umm I dont know anythign about this guy I just found him through google...
It's been out for a while now, they are on the 3rd revision of the kit and I really like how it works now.
you can see their advertisments in Pop science and Pop mechanics they have a full page ad in either...
ACTUALLY I have a scan :p
SCAN0013.jpg

Oh and the 1st half of the page is this Magical PICC I have not see one work or in person so I do not believe yet that it works.
But the 2nd half or the page talks about the HAFC
Myth busters tested a hydrogen fuel cell and it didn't improve mileage at all BUT thats because they didn't have the piggy back computer!
your 02 sensors see less unburned fuel and fatten your mixture and there goes your mileage savings

PICC

Hmmmm, $1k to buy, $1k to install.... thats alotta gas....

a year? if you commute I would say 6 months at the most
Also, you can install than have a certified guy tune it. itll still get the gains but no money back gaurentee I think a tune alone will run you 300 bucks form most guys

So when can we expect your report on the gains in your 80?

lmbo as soon as I get some money again :p
Ill be ordering my kit friday I think
and Ill make them rush it but im expecting 3-4 weeks for delivery these things are super popular

Oh and right now im getting about 12 mpg city 17 hwy

Last edited:
SS_Storm,

Might I make a suggestion? I suggest that you start a new thread, titled however, for further discussion on this. I'm sceptical but intriqued and I imagine many others will be. It would be best IMO to get this all the discussion down in an individual thread and leave this thread to more "mundane" solutions to improving gas mileage. By all means I would post a link from this thread to the new thread.

We have your starting point of 12mpg City, 17mpg Hwy which many of us would take in a heartbeat now. If you can prove 18mpg City and 25.5 Hwy or better (seems many of the "examples" are stating 100% or more improvement) you will garner a HUGE amount of interest from those that drive their 80s say more than 6K miles per year.

:cheers:

SS_Storm,

Might I make a suggestion? I suggest that you start a new thread, titled however, for further discussion on this. I'm sceptical but intriqued and I imagine many others will be. It would be best IMO to get this all the discussion down in an individual thread and leave this thread to more "mundane" solutions to improving gas mileage. By all means I would post a link from this thread to the new thread.

We have your starting point of 12mpg City, 17mpg Hwy which many of us would take in a heartbeat now. If you can prove 18mpg City and 25.5 Hwy or better (seems many of the "examples" are stating 100% or more improvement) you will garner a HUGE amount of interest from those that drive their 80s say more than 6K miles per year.

:cheers:

Bump......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom