Bestop Supertop center support Height (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

It has been a while. I am nearing completion of building a replacement for the FJ40 that I lost in the Camp Fire. It has been about 1 year in the rebuild.

My question is in regards to the center hoop height of a Bestop Supertop. I had an old SOR top that was grey and I think was a rebranded Tigertop. When building my last cage I utilized an aftermarket Fj40 Rollbar B hoop and it was a few inches beneath the center bow of the softop. I think I can raise my B hoop height by a couple of inches safely but would appreciate some measurements if anybody is able to quickly measure their center hoop height in a Bestop Supertop. I have one ordered but would like to get started on my cage if possible.

Just for info sake, my build is not stock at all.
Built SBC 350, th400, 4:1 D300, widened FJ62 front and Tacoma axle rear, sprung over on 37s.

Thanks all,
Michael

Now in Rocklin, Ca

D632418C-2B1B-4B4A-8851-D9091B4C7BA6.jpeg

40CFB2C8-5F17-401E-87C0-E549BE7B90FC.jpeg

I have a supertop. The center bow measures 32.5" from top to tub rail. It does sit about 2.5" higher and slightly forward than the OEM rollbar so you do have a little bit of room to work with. Forgive my lousy pictures. The center bow is approximately 50.5" from top to the "dip" in the tub where the rear heater bolts onto. Hope this helps, good luck!

IMAG1591.jpg

IMAG1587.jpg

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Will get to work on it tomorrow now that I am armed with this info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom