Best turbo for 1HZ for towing purposes and daily driving? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would do everything possible to avoid a top mount intercooler, and fit a front mount.
Top mount is the lazy option, and is far from ideal

IMHO each option offer pros and cons .. and while having a top mount with good fans to keep it fresh at low air flow will make it for possible lag due to short piping ..

if you end up going with the 1hdfte rebuild route, I have started a related thread... I am currently working out which replacement billet compressor wheel to use.

Dropped my 1HDT turbo off at Forced Performance this morning for a rebuild and that one will go on it for now, I also spoke with them to build me a few more oem turbos and will bring a few cores in my next shipment , they can do custom builds.

Always very happy with the Denco kits from Australia, installed several over the years and also used there water to air intercooler which worked fantastic. Best part of the entire kit it takes only a few hours to install and the water to air kit allows you to fit a small cooler in front of the air conditioner condenser as you know space is limited up front.

This is not my first 1HZ turbo I was just wondering if anyone had searched for the perfect towing setup rather then the "hotrod" version

I reckon the 1hd-fte turbo would be great for towing.
I have one on my 2002 HZJ105. It's on boost around 1250-1300RPM and pulls strong.
It's completely transformed the way it drives.

Always very happy with the Denco kits from Australia, installed several over the years and also used there water to air intercooler which worked fantastic. Best part of the entire kit it takes only a few hours to install and the water to air kit allows you to fit a small cooler in front of the air conditioner condenser as you know space is limited up front.

Unless they have changed to a more modern turbo, there's better options

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom