Diesel truck VIN's for parts search purposes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Team, wondering if anyone has done this before, but I am always searching for parts as I build my trucks and inevitably upgrading stuff to different models or even just to cross check. Case in point, I'm rebuilding a H55 trans (I have two) that came out of 60 series diesels, but putting into my BJ42. Have some questions easily answered by just looking up parts diagrams (supported by other research) but searching places like partsouq or amayama is best done with a proper VIN. I was thinking it would be cool to make a list of desirable truck VIN's to help each other out. I can only share VIN's for FJ62's (US spec), BJ42's (Canadian Spec) and HJ45's (Aussie market) as that's all I have. thoughts? does anyone have a list like this? dumb idea?

Hey Team, wondering if anyone has done this before, but I am always searching for parts as I build my trucks and inevitably upgrading stuff to different models or even just to cross check. Case in point, I'm rebuilding a H55 trans (I have two) that came out of 60 series diesels, but putting into my BJ42. Have some questions easily answered by just looking up parts diagrams (supported by other research) but searching places like partsouq or amayama is best done with a proper VIN. I was thinking it would be cool to make a list of desirable truck VIN's to help each other out. I can only share VIN's for FJ62's (US spec), BJ42's (Canadian Spec) and HJ45's (Aussie market) as that's all I have. thoughts? does anyone have a list like this? dumb idea?
1982 Canadian Spec BJ42 VIN: JT3BJ42C8C0003953 to get us started.

I see one small detail here that might be a small snag ?

Where are you going to obtain these various 17 digit “ frame “ numbers from ?

my simple thoughts 💭 are a VIn # is no different then a factory Key Code ….

Both belong to somebody …

If you understand the Model 🆔 code on the engine bay DATA ID plate , or the later white decal then only in the super ultra rare case of a “ revision reference code “ …

A VIN # is not necessary …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom