Best seat covers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok my 98 I just purchased needs some seat covers. I'm not interested in new leather as I don't want to spend that much money. Does anyone have marathon seat covers it sounds like a lot of people like sor but at over 300 that is more than I want to spend. The marathon seat covers don't show an actual picture on their site so it is hard to know what they look like. Any pictures would be great as well.

It's a huge shot in the dark but I scored a set of SOR covers on eBay for $9.99 plus $12.00 shipping.

It took a while but was worth the wait.

I found some on Equipt's website that are canvas, only need the front row..

i've had marathon and they are very heavy duty, i would buy them again w/o a 2nd thought, they fit very well also. Never had sor's. I thought once the maratons were priced out and appropriate stuff added they were more than the sor's.

pics here: Marathon Seat Covers

Last edited:
I'd like sheepskin covers...I've been thinking of replacing the leather entirely with a kit or a local interior place doing the work.

After thinking of it for the past year I think I'd prefer sheepskins for all day comfort when wheeling...although they are not the best looking option in an 80k MSRP truck.

The Escape seat covers sold by Equipt are the best available in US. I have on two trucks. Significantly better built than SOR canvas covers. Paul doesn't stock for 100 but he can get. (Mellville & Moon are a bit nicer but NLA in US)

Spector's are tough as nails, fit very well and look great. I'm sure there are other good covers but Spector's have proved to be some of the best and easy to install.

My brown one's love my yellow labs hair.

i am also interested in some seat covers, i am an oilfield mechanic and at the end of the day there is a strong odor of diesel and hydraulic fluid coming from my person, does anyone know of seom seat covers that will keep that from sinking into my new to me lx? does anyone make vinyl or something?

i am also interested in some seat covers, i am an oilfield mechanic and at the end of the day there is a strong odor of diesel and hydraulic fluid coming from my person, does anyone know of seom seat covers that will keep that from sinking into my new to me lx? does anyone make vinyl or something?

You might want to try: http://www.kexbylimited.com

They used to make some waterproof cordora covers for Land Rovers. I bought a set for my RRC and they were excellent, (not quite a think material as Escape tho) The owner, Tony, is very Land Cruiser friendly and owns a UZJ100. Last time I spoke with him he was planning to market to the LC community but was still pretty busy with LR orders.

Ok my 98 I just purchased needs some seat covers. I'm not interested in new leather as I don't want to spend that much money. Does anyone have marathon seat covers it sounds like a lot of people like sor but at over 300 that is more than I want to spend. The marathon seat covers don't show an actual picture on their site so it is hard to know what they look like. Any pictures would be great as well.

I got a set of SOR TD on eBay and they are great. Best part...$15.00 shipped to my front door. $9.99 final price and $5.99 shipping.

Caltrend. Pricey, but custom (not semi-custom) fit. About 250 per row for the "leatherette" (i.e. pleather, fake leather, vinyl) option. Very high quality and tight fit, not the easiest to install for that very reason. I have used this option in several pickups.

I have also had a set of custom-fit Wet Okole neoprene covers in a Eurovan. Fit great, tough as nails. Kid tested.

Wet okule or however its spelt. Made in hawaii.

I think the SORs are totally worth the money, and anything decent will probably be similarly priced. The fit is perfect and they have worn very well.

But if I had to do it again, I would go with the light tan color - I got brown and while the color match is good, they really absorb a lot of heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom