Best scanner/monitor app/tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a guide or tutorial that exists on how to create the dashboard efficiently? The back and forth way I’m doing it now just seems like I’m missing something.

Is there a guide or tutorial that exists on how to create the dashboard efficiently? The back and forth way I’m doing it now just seems like I’m missing something.

Not really. It's a slow process IMO

If you want to get started quickly you can download mine from my Google Drive and import it into your OBD Fusion, then make modifications from there

If you want to get started quickly you can download mine from my Google Drive and import it into your OBD Fusion, then make modifications from there

Ah ok, that’s what I was afraid of.

Thank you, I would love to steal your dashboard since I’d probably run with it as-is but I am using OBDLink so I don’t think they’re cross-compatible, is that right?

Ah ok, that’s what I was afraid of.

Thank you, I would love to steal your dashboard since I’d probably run with it as-is but I am using OBDLink so I don’t think they’re cross-compatible, is that right?
I have no idea. @TCM just said they appear to be the same, so perhaps it'll work? Maybe you just need to rename the file from "OBD Fusion Settings" to "OBD Link Settings"?

any chance you know if an IOS file compatible with Android?
I actually started to make mine from scratch and am close, but can't find where you got the two larger temp gauges from...can you point me in the right direction @linuxgod? Are those "A/T Oil Temp 1" and "A/T Oil Temp 3"?

any chance you know if an IOS file compatible with Android?
I don’t think it’s OS-specific but I’ve not tried to import it. Try and report back!

I actually started to make mine from scratch and am close, but can't find where you got the two larger temp gauges from...can you point me in the right direction @linuxgod? Are those "A/T Oil Temp 1" and "A/T Oil Temp 3"?
My 2013 shows 1 and 2 not 1 and 3 but yes those are the PIDs

thanks for the recommendation, great app. seems fairly intuitive but has been a bit of a time suck today. didnt realize my 2005 had that many sensors :)

Got a slim obd2 reader for early Father’s Day. Bought $10 obd fusion and $10 pack for Toyota/Lexus. Doesn’t look like it maps all the modules, but does map quite a few. So in between tech stream and a basic reader in functionality.
Copying @linuxgod profile and will post up my diff temps if it works.

Dropbox acct check
File in Dropbox import folder check
File found in obd fusion in check
Tick the pid and dashboard option check
Import runs without error check
No new dashboards . . . :bang:
something simple I’m missing?

Edit: got there. Had to redownload direct to the dropbox

0478A683-12E5-4448-964E-7EED322DFD41.png

Last edited:
Got a slim obd2 reader for early Father’s Day. Bought $10 obd fusion and $10 pack for Toyota/Lexus. Doesn’t look like it maps all the modules, but does map quite a few. So in between tech stream and a basic reader in functionality.
Copying @linuxgod profile and will post up my diff temps if it works.
Make sure you start the truck, leave it in Park, and let OBD Fusion do a scan of all your OBD PIDs. That may enable additional ones.

I haven't played with all of the areas but I know some of the functions like TPMS and the BCM are separate parts you have to connect to. Not sure if it's 100% of techstream but there is a lot of data available for sure.

@linuxgod do you know why most of those gauges on my 08 are not functional? They stay at 120. I’m using Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+. Thanks

62263801-BD4C-4380-A039-A27D45E3C9BC.png

@linuxgod do you know why most of those gauges on my 08 are not functional? They stay at 120. I’m using Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+. Thanks

View attachment 2853789
Did you buy the Enhanced Toyota PID pack for $10? Since it's reading battery and gear I assume you're connected. Make sure that enhanced PID is active (you can tell OBD Fusion to reload your purchases if you bought it but it's not showing up or if you've moved to a new phone and reinstalled OBD Fusion on it)

FYI they will start at 120, since that's what I set the lowest part of the range, but should increase as you warm up.

View attachment 2853789

If you did buy the Toyota PIDs, there is manual step necessary to re-initialize each gauge. Tap and hold an each gauge -> Display Configuration -> re-select the "item"

Did you buy the Enhanced Toyota PID pack for $10? Since it's reading battery and gear I assume you're connected. Make sure that enhanced PID is active (you can tell OBD Fusion to reload your purchases if you bought it but it's not showing up or if you've moved to a new phone and reinstalled OBD Fusion on it)

FYI they will start at 120, since that's what I set the lowest part of the range, but should increase as you warm up.
I did buy the Enhanced Toyota PID. Maybe I need to load my restore purchase

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom