Best remote thermometer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

splitshot

Head cook, Bottle washer, and Peace keeper.
Threads
Tons of reviews out there, what's mud's favorites?

I've yet to find one that was worth a ****.

I agree I had a Maverick once and it was a POS... never was accurate, probe was too short and had to take the cover off to turn it on and off..

Maverick has a better model out now ET732, but I'm not interested in spending another 50 bucks to see if it truly is.

GL on the adventure Split.

J

I have 2 of these http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001BFJ54/ref=nosim/ihco-20
I use in the smoker. They have lasted for 3 years. On one, the insulation started separating from the probe and I had to tape it.

I also have http://www.amazon.com/Grill-Alert-T...442543&sr=8-1&keywords=brookstone+thermometer I use with the grill for stuff like prime rib and pork loins. I have used it for well over 5 years. It's really nice when it is cold out because you don't have to go outside to check the temp. I looked at the Amazon reviews, and it dosen't appear to be made very well now.

I agree I had a Maverick once and it was a POS... never was accurate, probe was too short and had to take the cover off to turn it on and off..

Maverick has a better model out now ET732, but I'm not interested in spending another 50 bucks to see if it truly is.

GL on the adventure Split.

J

Mine has been pretty good, I've had it for like three years. Compares well with my reference thermometer in the oven, so I can trust it. It sits out in the weather much of the time and still seems to work.

:meh:

Mine has been pretty good, I've had it for like three years. Compares well with my reference thermometer in the oven, so I can trust it. It sits out in the weather much of the time and still seems to work.

:meh:

Which Maverick do you have? Just curious, maybe I got a bad one along with several...oh 100 others.. HA!

J

how do you use these things? I can't quite picture a probe with a cord laying on the grate exposed to the flames and staying the whole cooking time in there at 600F...

YSI (Yellow Springs Instruments) has temperature probes with teflon coated wires good to 800F and their calibration is traceable to NIST standards.

The Maverick ET732 does get good reviews from most folks on the BBQ/Smoking forums. More than I want to spend, but may give it a try.

I got one off Woot after listening to that moron Liam...what a huge pc of s***...

I'd like to like to stab him in the eye with it...:lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Noah was just as bad.:hillbilly:

Same story here. Thought about trying a $600 Fluke set up...for a second :rolleyes:
I never thought of using my Fluke with a thermocouple for a meat thermometer.:hmm: I'll have to check the price on thermocouple modules.

Been a while, anything positive out there?:hmm:

My Oregon (post #6 above) died again. POS.

Was looking at some of the bluetooth models that talk to a phone, haven't made the jump yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom