Best Radiator for 3FE? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CJF

Threads
I'd be going OEM no question if it were still available.

Cost is not my main concern; I want as close to OEM quality and fitment as possible.

Brands/sources?

Curtis

OEM....

Ther are 3 Land Cruisers in my house; one OEM two with brass generic brand, all working fine. None leaking.

Seems like the FZJs have more options, good luck.

The key is preventive maintenance.

Curtis, could you adapt a 93-97 radiator to work or are the coolant inlets and outlet locations different?

You'll have to excuses my ignorance, I'm not all that familiar with the 3FE.

Curtis, could you adapt a 93-97 radiator to work or are the coolant inlets and outlet locations different?

You'll have to excuses my ignorance, I'm not all that familiar with the 3FE.

Pretty sure they're *very* different.

Really hoping someone knows a "close to OEM" replacement, preferably with the foam and everything.

Or are folks just throwing in whatever these days and hoping it fits well enough and lasts more than a few years?

I did a brass replacement on the 92 that lasted about 3 years. When I took it to a reputable radiator shop to have it fixed they informed me of how thin the metal was and it would be a waste of $ to fix. I then ordered an aluminum one off of ebay and after a "warrantied" replacement due to a leaking fill neck, I got a second one. Been running it about 2 years and no problems. I also have done the same on my 78 FJ40 and it's working great. Only time will tell...

What is the OEM part # of 3FE radiator. How much is the price?

What is the OEM part # of 3FE radiator. How much is the price?

The OEM is no longer available, that's why he is inquiring about a good aftermarket solution.

I did the CSF 3 row radiator from Amazon. Its (still) $288. I have had zero issues with it during installation or keeping the rig cool towing a moving trailer cross country in August. Thats about all I can attest to. They are all metal at least, so no plastic tank on top to break.

The OEM is no longer available, that's why he is inquiring about a good aftermarket solution.

Ok tnks. Maybe they have it here in the Philippines where Im having a vacation with the family. Cuz I can get a brand new OEM quad headlights and corner lights but its kinna pricey. Most of the surplus here its kinna hard to come by now a days unless you knows someone inside (Banawe). If anyone else have have the part # pls share. Big tnks.

I would have gone aluminum but they weren't available, so I went CSF, so far so good.

20151015_175309.jpg
Couldn't really find many options these days. I bought an Imperial radiator off amazon for $128 delivered. Its really a silla and will probably start leaking soon. The original finally started leaking, 380,000 miles and 23 years old, it will be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom