Best place to get Knuckle Rebuild Kit for a Canadian owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
I went to a garage yesterday for my front wheels alignement.

The two front wheels was little bit sloopy. So the mech tell me to change my wheel bearings.

Because I'm there, I will rebuilt the knucle.

So the question is : where is the BEST place (cheap... you know... good but cheap ;)) to get a rebuilt kit with the bearings ? (in Canada if possible... because no custom tax)

- Is Toyota sold a rebuilt kit or only separate part. Is getting part from toyota dealer is the best solution ?

- 4wheel auto sell a kit for 225 $can

- cruiser outfitter sell a kit for 155 $us ( but +++ for the sustom tax)

- how about ENS Industrial ?

- how about NAPA ... is NAPA can get these part ?

- what else ?

... and I know, only get seal from toyota.

Thank for any comment.

kits

hi david,

radd cruisers are out of stock, 4wheel are out to lunch (on the prices) and cruiser outfitters kits are like $87 usd.

sky mfg in oregon has the same kit for $87.50 usd. it's not that expensive.

i have yet to find a place in vancouver.....

wheel bearings are not included, but i get mine from lordco or napa.
for kingpin bearings i always use koyo bearings.

if you find a good price and place to get kits, post up. i hate waiting for parts.

crusty

I got my kit rom Cruiser Outfitters...came to $130.00 cdn. after shipping and duty and exchange..that was 4 months ago. It included everything except wheel bearings. Mine were fine and just reused.
Just finished my knuckle rebuild this weekend....easy as pie....just real dirty !I took my time as it was my first rebuild....every part went in the blast cabinet and got cleaned of any rust then primed and painted . She is looking pretty clean underneath right now !
The only problem I ran into was on the pass. side....the spindle/hub bushing is spun on the birf joint so I will have to fix that.

HTH,s Daryl

I'm less then 30 mins from Vancouver and have at least 3 stacks on the shelf
complete with koyo knuckle bearings

I guess I really need to advertise here

Mud_Guppie said:
I'm less then 30 mins from Vancouver and have at least 3 stacks on the shelf
complete with koyo knuckle bearings
I called at 4:00 they got here 10:00 the next morning.:beer:

crushers said:
now that is good service...

for $70 cad difference in price, it @&@&@&@&'n better be here the next day!

just shop around, fjbj40 has it right at "about" $130 for the kit after it's all said and done, you just have to wait with shipping and customs etc...

the kits come with king pin bearings, at least the ones from Dan at 4 wheel do...
12-04-05 10:03 PM

uhhhh.... they all do, that's why they call them "kits":rolleyes:

hth's
crusty

;^P

i didn't want to make a blanket statement since i have not bought from all the vendors...

I haven't delt with all three vendors either. But I can say that Steven T. is a straight-up guy. How much is THAT worth in today's market....!

Ahhh... because someone (a :censor: bad ass) stole my 32"mud tire with the wheels... I have to pay for the first $$$ with my inssurance... so, the rebuilt will whait a little bit....

Thank you all for the information (thank Steven ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom