Best option for Rack and Pinion? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just searched with not good answer.
What is the current best option now that Toyota has discontinued the Racks?
Napa? $579
Rock Auto SKP $230? Lares235? BBB for $408?
Anybody know if Toyota offers a reman? any good?
Thanks
2005 349k miles OEM is still good but starting to leak more than seep and Boots are torn.

I think you're looking for 44200-60100—should be able to order that from any dealer. Reman Toyota parts....just add -84 to the end.

It comes up occasionally in threads that the racks have been discontinued...I don't think that's the case and don't know where the info is coming from. Easy phone call to the nearest dealer though.

Reactions: jLB
I think you're looking for 44200-60100—should be able to order that from any dealer. Reman Toyota parts....just add -84 to the end.

It comes up occasionally in threads that the racks have been discontinued...I don't think that's the case and don't know where the info is coming from. Easy phone call to the nearest dealer though.
CamelBack Toyota is where I order most of my OEM Toyota parts from. On there sight It says it is Discontinued.
Thanks Ill check with the - number on the end.

I personally would avoid remanufactured racks. Leaks will be fixed with new seals, but gear lash will not. If you find a Toyota one then hopefully they're binning out the ones with minimal lash, but I would rather just install a new unit and know it's good to go for another couple hundred thousand miles. I have an early model though, and the rack was pretty cheap with one of the Toyota sales a couple years ago.

Just searched with not good answer.
What is the current best option now that Toyota has discontinued the Racks?
Napa? $579
Rock Auto SKP $230? Lares235? BBB for $408?
Anybody know if Toyota offers a reman? any good?
Thanks
2005 349k miles OEM is still good but starting to leak more than seep and Boots are torn.
Fairly regularly someone posts about “discontinued racks”, but rarely does it actually turn out to be the case.

I’ve had mine rebuilt locally. I’ve had 3rd party rebuilt. I’ve had OE new/rebuilt. I have a strong preference for OE new/rebuilt, but YMMV.

Try plugging the p/n into partsouq, to verify discontinued, or superseded…

Fairly regularly someone posts about “discontinued racks”, but rarely does it actually turn out to be the case.

I’ve had mine rebuilt locally. I’ve had 3rd party rebuilt. I’ve had OE new/rebuilt. I have a strong preference for OE new/rebuilt, but YMMV.

Try plugging the p/n into partsouq, to verify discontinued, or superseded…

IMG_6684.jpeg

Looks like it. I hope so. I need one🤞
Might not be the cheapest source, but partsouq does a pretty good job of pointing you to the superseded parts…

If I recall correctly, the more recent “replacement” racks are missing the previous models TRE…

Last edited:
Might not be the cheapest source, but partsouq does a pretty good job of pointing you to the superseded parts…

If I recall correctly, the more recent “replacement” racks are missing the previous models TRE…
What is TRE?

Has anyone used these guys. Best price +shipping that I have found.

IMG_6686.png

Sorry to piggy back but is there a time limit for cores? I had my rack replaced about a year ago and it’s still laying around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom