Best mattress/pad for inside cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those that sleep on the drawers and folded down seat, does the Exped span that gap ok or do you shove clothes in the gap to build it up? I have the dual drawers and I have a fridge on one side so 30" will be too big I think.

Last edited:
I use a thermarest mondo king XXL. It’s worked great.

View attachment 3464675

Right after I posted this, my mattress sprang a “mystery leak.” It would pump up fine, but by morning, I was literally laying on the wood top of my bunk. I’m sorting it out with Thermarest and they’re going to take a look at, but won’t be able to until early 2024 because they’re relocating their repair shop.

In the interim, and based on the feedback here, I bought an Exped MegaMat XXL. It’s just as comfortable and much less expensive.

So thanks for the input everyone 🤘🏻🤘🏻

I have a hest and a exped megamat. I like them both. The mega mat got a small leak around fill port once, but easily fixed with mattress glue. The megamat probably wins out, I like sleeping pretty firm. Megamat I’ll use on my cold truck bed it holds in more heat.

Milliard tri-fold. Queen size fits. Memory foam, no air. works year round .. Going on 5 years with this one still feels new

1702495457523.png
1702495486764.png

So this is markedly more durable than the EXPED? How is it for inflation? I'll look it up for sure.
Exped Megamat substantially more durable and better. I've thrown 2 Kylmit pads in the trash

Another for Exped Megamat

If you have a Drawer System at ~11" tall then fold Back Seat and Add a Twin Spring Mattress. Length is Just Right.
Some Milk Crates (6?) and Piece of 1/2" OSB would likely work if you on a Budget.
Likely the Moisture build up inside will fog the Windows. There are Screened Socks that go over Rear Doors or Crack a Window if no Bugs.
It's as good as home.
Exiting the Bed at the Foot is not Natural you have to slide off the End.
It's Likely you will have to stack your stuff on Mattress so bring tarp or similar to keep Clean.

My Exped finally burst a seam after 9 years. I just picked up a stoic double cloud from steep and cheep last week. Last week it was an additional 20% off (so ~$90) Initial impression is it seems very similar to the megamat in terms of comfort, size and use.

My exped widget pump works with it as well.

Exped Megamats get my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom