Best headliner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvincig01

SILVER Star
Threads
I just removed my bows and soft top and am getting ready to put the hardtop back on.

I want to put a new headliner on before I put it all back together. Any recommendations on brands? Looks like there are a few different options out there.

Thanks!
Josh

In place of headliner, some have done a monstaliner or simple paint in color of your choice. Looks great and never have to worry about liner failing/falling. Another option to consider. Not for everyone but it works well. Going this route on my trucks.

In place of headliner, some have done a monstaliner or simple paint in color of your choice. Looks great and never have to worry about liner failing/falling. Another option to consider. Not for everyone but it works well. Going this route on my trucks.

Got tired of gluing the factory original headliners back in and still having it sag, so I tore it all out and had an upholstery shop glue in marine-grade carpet instead. I like it; has never fallen down and adds a bit of insulation, but my truck is not a restoration.

Cruiser corps worked good for me. Whichever you get, there will most likely be a seam running down the middle of the foam where they stich the two half together. Get a pair of scissors and cut off any excess material from the seam without cutting into any of the stitching/threads. When you apply it to your hardtop, the headliner will be nice and smooth, where that seam is, and won't be a "bump", in the material, when you run your hand over it.

Thanks, all! I will go with CruiserCorps.
IMG_0667.JPG

this is the headliner in a club members 40 unfortunely I don't remember who's 40 it is.

DSCF4267.JPG

DSCF4268.JPG

Sweet. As a Montana native I love that map. I am going to use some Mexican blankets and spray some glue on the roof and then spray some glue on the fabric and install it like a great big sticker

OEM for a 40: 63311-90302
OMG!
1659469213667.png

for that price, it better install itself!

Seriously, I have no idea what interior fabric prices are; that may be a great price. I can't believe how many OEM parts are available, new, for these trucks.

OMG!
View attachment 3075995
for that price, it better install itself!

Seriously, I have no idea what interior fabric prices are; that may be a great price. I can't believe how many OEM parts are available, new, for these trucks.
At least for that price it's not only a piece of fabric, it's already shaped to the form of the roof (like the corner curves). It's backed with foam and it comes on a big roll to avoid wrinkled and marks.

it's already shaped to the form of the roof

That might be worth the price of admission right there. The corners are the only thing I'm concerned about me screwing up.

Amayama may or may not have it, they are checking stock. Price is reasonable , considering OEM.

The issue with all OEM style materials is the foam backing. The foam as it ages disintegrates and the headliner falls. Maybe the Cruiser Corps foam is different, I have not seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom