Best gauges and brands (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am thinking of adding some additional gauges to my 80 series eg. EGT, temp etc. What are the best ones and which brands do you recommend. If anyone has pictures to share, those would be great too.

Hi,

I am thinking of adding some additional gauges to my 80 series eg. EGT, temp etc. What are the best ones and which brands do you recommend. If anyone has pictures to share, those would be great too.
The best ones are the ones you can afford. There are a lot of options out there for gauges and price range varies as well. Autometer is one that is used widely in the States, but there are other options and offer different things that Autometer doesn't.

Some of the companies in Japan offer play back features, which are better suited for racing applications. Some of the names that come to mind are HKS, Blitz, etc. There are analog and mechanical variants too.

If it were me I would just go with Autometer as they are a little more budget friendly.

Hi,

I'd do a search right here on the forum something like 'diesel gauges' or whatever variation of that gets you
pics and threads on which gauges are most popular and more importantly reliable.
I have a 60 series 12HT and like the old fashioned sweep gauges of www.westach.com
Their EGT and Boost combo gauge is cool. I also have their oil pressure & water temp combo gauge.

Thanks everyone. I have a friend travelling to Australia next month and I understand they do good quality stuff for 80 series there. Will check some of the recommendations listed here.

Thanks everyone. I have a friend travelling to Australia next month and I understand they do good quality stuff for 80 series there. Will check some of the recommendations listed here.
Red Arc Gauges are pricey but offer up to 3 functions per gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom