Best Alternator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would rather take my old alternator to a local auto electric shop and have them rebuild it than buy a reman unit. But that's just me.

Do you have any further information on this solution?
thanks
I'm putting together a comprehensive kit for the "Jag" alternator. It's a 140amp unit and I'll be including a tension bracket, up graded battery cable and matched fusible link.

None of the high ouput alternators are a drop in upgrade even though some people do that.

I'm putting together a comprehensive kit for the "Jag" alternator. It's a 140amp unit and I'll be including a tension bracket, up graded battery cable and matched fusible link.

None of the high ouput alternators are a drop in upgrade even though some people do that.
I just ordered the Jag alt. @LongCruiser needs more juice!

NOTE : ALL 3FE 's FJ62 or FJ80 use NipponDenso / Genuine DENSO JAPAN PLUG CODE 280

2465D8EE-69FC-4511-BDBB-54E213F10207 - Copy.jpeg
1C6B609C-9DFD-47AA-9FB4-C903E133DBCB - Copy.jpeg

4FCE291A-2EEC-4AE1-B57E-363A636AACF3.jpeg

Last edited:

NOTE : ALL 3FE 's FJ62 or FJ80 use NipponDenso / Genuine DENSO JAPAN PLUG CODE 280

1671799116083-png.3199814

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27060-611002_2048x.jpg

27060-611004_2048x.jpg

27060-611005_2048x.jpg

27060-611006_2048x.jpg

27060-611007_2048x.jpg

27060-6110011_2048x.jpg

27060-6110014_2048x.jpg

27060-6110012_2048x.jpg

Last edited:
Easter EGGS 2023 3FE FJ80 Updated parts update

Genuine NipponDenso External Alternator Fans
SNOW VERSION type better cooling air flow and less drag factory VIOLET BLUE silver Zinc plating highest salt spray rating .....

WILL fit ALL factory 3FE 80A and my 90A external fans units ....

more to come

happy holidays

thanks for your support

Something I am looking at to augment the future electrical demands...

Power Bastards Land Cruiser Alternator
I looked at new "jag" alternators that had high output rectifiers at that level. The main reason I avoided it was that the alternator should be fused on the output side to guard against the battery back feeding through the alternator to ground do to a short and starting the car on fire. The largest fusible link wire I could find was rated for 140~150 amps and readily available. So to protect from a short would mean I would have to design a new fuse circuit that was beyond my abilities.

Also, higher amp alternators typically have a larger case and more cooling capacity. Building 220amp output alternator in a case that was designed for 90 amps can cause cooling issues. The old Mean Green alternators had great output but lived short lives.

Just some food for thought, but if you really need that kind of output and will call on it regularly take the time to install it correctly.

I looked at new "jag" alternators that had high output rectifiers at that level. The main reason I avoided it was that the alternator should be fused on the output side to guard against the battery back feeding through the alternator to ground do to a short and starting the car on fire. The largest fusible link wire I could find was rated for 140~150 amps and readily available. So to protect from a short would mean I would have to design a new fuse circuit that was beyond my abilities.

Also, higher amp alternators typically have a larger case and more cooling capacity. Building 220amp output alternator in a case that was designed for 90 amps can cause cooling issues. The old Mean Green alternators had great output but lived short lives.

Just some food for thought, but if you really need that kind of output and will call on it regularly take the time to install it correctly.
Thank you for the information. I was looking at your kit @landtank and thinking of doing your kit as it is well thought out.

I would rather take my old alternator to a local auto electric shop and have them rebuild it than buy a reman unit. But that's just me.
Toyota Land Cruiser Alternator and Starter Repair Parts and Rebuild Kits - TOYOTA - https://www.maniacelectricmotors.com/landcruiser.html

Rebuild kits for our alternators. Bought one for my OEM 80A and it did the trick. Bought a 90A from @ToyotaMatt so the 80 is now my back up and I purchased a rebuild kit for when (if) the 90A goes tits up.

Edit: FYI the link above is just where I was. A little searching will get you sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom