Battery drain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hear that the most common reason for battery drain is the regulator? I've done most the rewiring on my cruiser, don't blow fuses, can't find a short or nuthin' but my batt will be dead if I leave it connected for a couple days of not running it. (red to Optima) Is there an easy home brew test for this? btw it's converted to a one wire chevy alt. internal reg.

make sure the alternator is hookes up to the side of the fuse block that is only on when the key is on i had mine huked up to the rong side for about a month and if i didnt disconect my batery every time i got out of my car then i would need a jump :'( high school kids are brutal if u need a jump evry day and ity gives them the rong inpresion about land cruisers and its realy just cause it was wired rong.

I Had to put a relay in the 2nd and 3rd plug in on the alt. to stop the drain relays are excited by ign curcuit. they are the 2 relays on the right, the left one is the glow relay.Oh alt is an ordinary single post chev with plug in.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom