Back with a Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

retrofive

rɛtrəʊ
SILVER Star
Threads
So been a couple years since I sold my '94 80. And then sold my '99 4Runner. Just life changes, new houses, re-married and so on.

Bought a '10 JK for giggles (got it CHEAP, and was well aware what POS it was). Goofed around with that thing for a couple summers. Blah, sold it.

Work gave me new '19 GTI to DD, and :princess: has her '15 BMW 328ix.

While those are fun cars; it has been limiting us someplace and things we would like to do. After a paddle board excursion the :princess: was flat over cleaning the BMW inside and out from dirt, sand, water and sunscreen. So we decided to look at trucks. (Not to mention tired of borrowing one and possible move coming)

So I started out looking in 500mi radius for a '09-'15 Taco. Slim pickings for just the right one. Found what we thought was a great one ('11 TRD OR). She and her mom took off on a 11hr roundtrip day trip with the intent to purchase. Well pics and even talking to the guy, the truck was in no where near the condition advertised. So they punted and drove home.

Bang and bruised from the experience she decided to expand how much to spend (originally $20k-$25k). Well after showing her some newer models above that price line she came home the next day with a screen shot of a 2021 she put her name on. We wanted a white quad cab 4wd were the primary req's. Well that one wasn't going to be to the local dealer for another week and most other dealers were out 2-3months (selling fast as they are delevired)

So she gets on the horn, and finds exactly all that but silver at a nearby dealer. They got it in that night, next day she drove up there and bought it.

2021 Tacoma TRD Offroad; Quad cab; 4wd, rear locker, crawl thingy dial, bedliner, weather interior matts, blacked out decals, NO MOON ROOF :D, pretty much everything we wanted.

(No heated seats, no homelink, and couple other things, but that's ok)

Anyway, here is the start.

1627215968725.png

1627215978631.png

1627215985261.png

1627215991969.png

Last edited:
Trvth?! Does any really like these wheels? I mean they serve their purpose, I just find them yuck.

1627490287964.png

Last edited:
Ok, bored Sat.

So wheels;
Dump the OG ones and either the SCS F5's in Bronze or the TRD in Bronze or matte.

1627751016406.png

1627751075980.png

On the fence of the soft topper.

1627751113871.png

Meantime; dug through my truck bin after selling the 80 and added basics I kept and put in the stow away areas. 30' kinetic strap; some d-shackles (hard and soft).

Coming up with a plan to mount the yas 8800.

Now sliders.

Downgrade from the 80, but a good rig if you go easy on it.

I like the stock alloys.

Funny you mention that. Most the instructions and vids on the assemble show it coming with lock washers. What arrived was sans lock washer and several tubes of loctite :lol:

Im allowed to repost myself here :p

1629151759962.png

1629151844115.png

1629151855312.png

Got drunk.
Brought stupid bling.
Doesn't fit our style grill well.
So Prinsu bling it is.
That's 7HP right?!?

1629559082010.png

So just my mental list of things I would like to do with it. No particular order.

Front windows tinted.
Sliders (thankful it didn't come with running boards, but not keen on exposed rocker panels). Haven't decided on which, but want low profile and 10° or so angle.
Front bumper; thinking the DV8 and not using the light bar extension it comes with. I like the idea of no cutting and stockish looking.
Winch once ^^^ bumper is decided on. Probably another Warn 9000 like I had on the 80, and most likely wireless remote.
Knowing me probably a rear bumper at some point, but that is pretty far down on my list.
Wheels; FNX Pro bronze, but being they only come in a 17" will mean new tires. So that will be on hold for while before I can bite off both of those at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom